Thursday, February 26, 2009

FRUGAL TIP FOR TODAY




[995704-p29-3.jpg]






I am learning and looking for new ways to make our money stretch. I do not believe the answer lies in making more money but making the money you have work for you. In my attempt to earn money by saving. I have been making these Homemade Cleaners that I have been posting on  my site. I can honestly say I have been pleasantly surprised. I have had a few nay Sayers concerning this matter. Yet~several of my friends have joined me. Folks~our Grandmothers did not have a Walmart on every corner. They did these very things. The people making these items are doing just that~making them. I have loved all these items that I have shared with you. I even found out that I absolutely love Armor Hammer Washing Soda. It works for so many things.  Our clothes are clean and our home is sparkling with a huge amount of savings. Give them a try. Maybe even change the recipe to your liking! I am confident that you will also be pleasingly surprised.

Homemade Fabric Softener
6 cups water
3 cups vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner

A couple drops of Downy essential oil. 

All Purpose Cleaner
1 Tablespoon washing soda
1 Tablespoon dish detergent
few drops of essential oil

Put in a spray bottle and fill with water.

Wood Floor Cleaner
I have been trying cleaner for wood floors~yet I have not found any I would recommend. The best I have been using is strong tea water. It does work but does not have that really good smell I like. It also stains your mop. I will keep trying.  If you have one please share!

Soft Scrub
1/2 cup washing baking soda
Enough liquid soap or detergent (I use Palmolive) to make a frosting texture
5 drops of antibacterial oil such as lavender,tea tree oil, or rosemary(optional)

2 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Great tips, thanks!!! I've been using Simple Green, buying in bulk and using it my own bottles. I found it works nice and lasts a long time. But I like your idea of the natural products!!! Let me know how the soft scrub works. I'm dying to find something better to clean my tubs with that actually will remove the soap scum and not scratch!!! Thanks!!

lady jane said...

Good evening. I found your blog by way of a bunny trail. :o)

As to fabric softener, I've been using vinegar ... that's it ... just vinegar ... with excellent results. :o) It's been such a $ saver for us. I make my own laundry detergent too - the dry type, not wet. Works wonderfully. :o)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details