2 medium eggs
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
1-1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder (3 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
- * Mix the eggs, milk and the oil or butter in a large bowl. Mix this up well
- * Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a separate bowl & add to dry mixture.
- *Use a whisk or a spoon and a strong arm to mix this all up until it is smooth.
- *Pour into an oiled 9-inch pan, or an oiled 8-inch square pan.
- *Bake the cornbread a@ 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
This makes a wonderful southern cornbread that enhances any soup or chili! Enjoy!