Are you a fan of Taco Bell’s hot sauce?
This is really close~my family loves it. This makes two pints for only pennies!
Mix together a batch of this and store it in you refrigerator.
6 oz. Can tomato paste
3 cups Water
2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1 Tablespoons minced dried onion
2 Tablespoons canned jalapeno slices
1. Combine the tomato paste and water in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth.
2. Add the cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, cornstarch, vinegar, and dried onion and stir.
3. Chop the jalapeno slices very fine.
4. Heat the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir about 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
5. Let the sauce stand until cool, and then put in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.