6 cups flour
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
5 teaspoon yeast
2 cups of hot water
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of hot water and allow to froth (to hot for a baby bath)
- Add flour, salt, sugar, oil in a mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Combine yeast mixture, with second mixture and last cup of hot water.
- Knead until you get a soft dough. Do not over knead! The less you work it the fluffier they will be.
- Roll out dough~about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut in strips with pizza cutter.
- Take 3 bread sticks and braid into a pretty braid.
- Let then raise about 30 minutes.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Brush with butter while hot and sprinkle with garlic salt.