Monday, March 2, 2009

I Am A New Mother Hen In Waiting~


Oh now before you all get your feathers in an up roar~hear me out.  I have been called a Mother Hen all my life. I tend to take mothering to an extreme at times. I have loved every minute with my little chicks. It is hard to believe that the time has come for them to start leaving the nest.
I have tried to get My Brian talked into having a new little one but he thinks we are to old. Imagine that!
Here are my beautiful chicks~ Alex (my son-in-law), Ashley, Hannah and Caleb.

 The news I have for you is that I am going to be the New Mother Hen to 12 new baby chicks. My girls are going to be 6 sets of twins. They will arrive the first Monday in April by the US Postal Service.  My sister ordered 30. Now my brother in law thinks we will have no problem telling the different breeds apart! Who am I to argue?  

I have been doing a lot of research on proper care and feeding of my awaited little flock. Do you know that they must be under constant care for 4 to 5 weeks. I did not mention that I have a huge Ladies Retreat that I must help pull off in April. By then I am praying My Brian has fallen in love with our little ones and will not mind sitting with them.  I will post photos just as soon as they arrive.  I just can't wait to get my girls! Stay tuned for the rest of the story! 


3 comments:

Holly said...

I've been thinking about getting some chicks too, but do not have acoop. Guess we could build one realy quick, but will proabably wait until next year. I'm eager to follow your progress!

Susan said...

Hey Carrie,
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower.
Blessings,
Susan

Chuck said...

Carrie,
I just think it is funny you called you sons chicks...just kidding. One of the greatest parts of seeing young people grow is seeing how the hard choices made for them, (by mom and dad) help their harder choices be made eaisier. I thank God for testimony I hear about and see in your 'chicks.'

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details