Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Garden~Victory Garden






Today we finally got our onions put in the ground. I did not read the potato directions~so I ran into a little snag! ( My Brian prefers I not use that word~which is what I call the very few fender benders I have encountered.) The directions stated that we were to cut the potatoes into sections and let them sit a couple of days. I will get them in the ground this week.  I am so excited to get a garden. We have always lived in the city so this is our first attempt at a large garden. 
It is all the sudden the new cool to plant a garden. In fact I heard on the news that we are experiencing a shortage on seeds. However~I did not find this to be true.  I was able to get my pick of seeds with no problem. 
I just love planting things and watching them grow. The fact we will be growing our own food is so exciting to me. 
I find it most intriguing that our first lady is also planting a garden on the White House lawn. Not since Eleanor Roosevelt’s World War II-era “Victory Garden,” has an administration eaten what it has grown on the White House grounds. Read the story here!  I only wish I could have Mrs. Obama's kitchen staff to come help me!

No comments:

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details