Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Excuse Me"~Mrs. Carrie


We just finished up our Spring Homeschool Classes for this year. This past Tuesday was our last class. I had such a great time getting to know some new students and it was so fun connecting with some old ones. 

I received these beautiful Mums from Troy and Megan. They are a well trained brother and sister with wonderful manners~taught by a diligent Momma. They are 4 and 5. I continue to hear~" Excuse me Mrs Carrie" which they always said before they would speak. They were such a delight to get to make friends with! They were part of my "In Like A Lion~Out Like A Lamb"  Pre-K and Kindergarten class. We had so much fun. Each child was such a ball of joy and I had many laughs. I can't wait to see you all in the fall. I just know you will grow by leaps and bounds in the fresh air & sunshine this summer.

I also taught a "Sweet Chocolate" class to 3rd and 4th graders. We did an 8 week unit study on chocolate. I have to tell you we enjoyed a lot of Sweet Chocolate Treats. The entire Homeschool Support Group peeked in ~in  hopes of any left overs. We learned that chocolate could once buy you a mule and that white chocolate is not chocolate at all. We learned all about the harvesting from the Cacao tree to the chocolate we so love and enjoy today! We learned that Christopher Columbus was the first to get Cacao beans from the Indians. We learned much but the children still said the treats were their favorite part of the class. Imagine that!

I will see you all in the fall!


Mrs. Carrie

1 comment:

Miss Jen said...

Oh how lovely....
it sounds like a wonderful Home~school group!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details