Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fabric Softener




After using this recipe for several months I wanted to re-post it for those of you who have not yet tried it! It is just as good as Downy~I promise. Give it a try~I think you will be pleased!

Fabric Softener Recipe

1 cup vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner  ( I used Suave's new Wild Cherry Blossom this time)
6 cups of water

Mix all this together. You may use this like any other Fabric Softener.

 If you prefer dryer sheets you can try this~I diluted this down with water~ 3 parts water, 1 part softener. I then poured it into this glass container.  Next I added  sponges.  For each load~ wring out the sponge and add to the dryer as you would fabric sheets.  I added a few drops of  Downy scent!  Smells wonderful!



6 comments:

Kath said...

Oh boy- thanks for this too :)
..and a BIG CONGRATS on the grandbabe!!

Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Mother's day.
hugs-Kath

Miss Jen said...

Wonderful, simply wonderful!!!!
I just love fabric softeners.
Thank you for sharing. ;)

Love in Jesus,
Miss Jen

Sharon said...

I've never seen this recipe before. Sounds great,I'm going to try it. Thanks - Sharon

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I just made this last night and used it...our sheets have never smelled so good!!! Even Andrew commented on it. :) Thanks. Made the laundry soap, too, can't wait to try it.

Love ya,
Crystal

Nichole said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today and thank you for leaving a comment while you were there :o)

I am loving all your homemade solutions! My husband will love to make them and we'll both love saving money.

Alicia said...

What do you mean by 3 parts water and 1 part softener? And what size glass container?

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details