Thursday, May 21, 2009

Homemade Linen Spray



I love linen spray!It is wonderful to keep on hand. Freshen up a spare bedroom for guest! Freshen up the curtains, beds, linen closet and more. The scent of Downy is my all time favorite because it takes me back to  Grandma Baker's house. I loved Grandma's house. I am just sure her mansion in Heaven floats with that Downy smell. I remember how sound I slept at her house, how relaxed I felt and I always woke up refreshed to a big farm breakfast! (when the chickens crowed)

Making linen spray is so easy and cost so much less than store bought brands. You know exactly what is being sprayed onto your linens and have comfort in knowing that only pure natural products are being used. 

Supplies:

  •    16 or 32 oz. spray bottle
  •      witch hazel (Walmart carries this in their first aid dept.~$1.48)
  •    Your choice essential oil (Walmart now carries but Natures Garden is cheaper and stronger)
  •    Distilled water
  1. Mix the 2 tbsp. witch hazel and about 20 drops of essential oil 
  2. Then, add distilled water to the bottle until it is almost full.
  3. Screw on the cap and shake the bottle to disperse the oils evenly throughout.
  4. Shake lightly before each use.


6 comments:

momma2thestrainkids said...

thank you for your natural solutions to harsh chemicals not only do they save me money but the work better than those expensive store bought and they are better for my kids asthma and allergies. i use them everyday in my home with out worry that my cleaning is making my kids sicker..but where do you buy the downy sent? or other oils.

Miss Jen said...

Simply wonderful!!!
Thank you for sharing!!
Many Blessings~ Jen

Evening Shade Morning Latte said...

I am certainly going to make this, but one question...where do you get the essential oil?

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing,I love linen spray as well and much rather make my own cleaning supplies. Much healthier and cheaper!

The Watts Family said...

Neat can't wait to make some of this! Thanks for sharing! ~Blessings:-)

Brandi said...

Just wondering where to buy downy scented oil?

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details