Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother Hen~



Oh Mama~is right! The chicken coop is coming along but not finished. My husband has been busy with wrapping up the school year at his job. I think maybe this weekend it will be finished. In the mean time~ I let my girls out on our land for the day. They stay close to the house but they are a hand full. I spent most of my day keeping them out of trouble. After years of being called a Mother Hen~I can honestly say I now am one! Baby chicks are a lot of work. I have mastered their cries and what they mean. I run when I hear the~ "I am in a life or death situation." Most the time to find out they have just managed to get themselves lost from the others. All the while I have envisioned a huge Hawk swooping from the sky to steal one of my beloved girls. That has not happened yet but they do hover over once in awhile. I have to yell like a crazy chicken lady and they take off. If a snake comes I am not sure what I will do! I let Caleb buy a machete at Wal*mart and the cashier made me carry it out. You know it is not politically correct any more for a boy to be a boy! In my world of snakes, coyotes, fox and who knows what else lurks in the shadows for my chicks~my boy can carry a machete~says this Mother Hen! 



3 comments:

Miss Jen said...

Very exciting!!!
Have fun with your chickens!!

Many Blessings~ Jen

Karen said...

I love chickens! Aren't they fun? We had quite a few when I was growing up. I loved it when there were lots of fuzzy babies running around...and I loved to gather the eggs.
Have fun!
Karen

The Watts Family said...

Wow that is taking the Mom thing to a whole new level hehehe!! Good Luck~ Blessings :-)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details