Thursday, May 28, 2009

Try A Homemade Facial ~

Homemade Oatmeal Scrub
1 cup of oatmeal 
3 drops essential oil
Mix ingredients together. Dampen with water and rub over skin. 
This is great for exfoliating!

Homemade Facial Toner
Boil 2 tablespoons of pine needles in a small amount of water.
 Strain and add to one cup of witch hazel

Steaming Facial
Add your choice of herbs to a boiling pan of water.
Add:
peppermint~good for colds
Chamomile or lemon~good for relaxing
Rosemary ~good for uplifting
Remove pan from heat. Drape a towel over your head and bend over steam. 
(For those of us who watched Brady Bunch~
remember how Mrs. Brady tried to get her voice back for the Christmas concert~
doing this very thing! LOL I am showing my age! )


2 comments:

Miss Jen said...

Lovely.... I may just have to give this a try!
I wanted to tell you that I made your frugal white bread
today and it was fabulous!!!!! Would you mind if I shared the recipe
on Blessed Femina in the near future?! You can email me with your
answer at~ missjennymarie@gmail.com.... ;)

Many Blessings~ Jen

gail said...

Hello Carrie,

What a lovely site your's is. I don't comment often but I do enjoy it so much and find it so pleasant and calming.

Blessings Gail

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details