Monday, July 20, 2009

Pumpkin Bread or Muffins~


The Fall like temperatures have me looking forward to Autumn. I just love Fall. So I whipped up some of these pumpkin muffins. Sorry I did not get a picture fast enough before they disappeared~yum!


2 cups sugar 
2/3 cup oil 
1/3 cup buttermilk
1-2 T applesauce
3 large eggs
1 can solid pack pumpkin (16 ounce)
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional but good!)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans or muffins pans ~
Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend.
Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl.
Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts, if desired.
Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes or about 22 minutes for muffins.



3 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you for that recipe! I just love fall too! And I love pumpkin muffins. Panera has a great pumpkin muffin. I'm gonna try yours! Thanks for sharing!

blushing rose said...

Now you are right up MY alley! Love that pumpkin!!! TY for sharing ... TTFN ~Marydon

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Were enjoying some nice fall like temps too, even got me in the baking mood! I love fall, pumpkins and muffins! lol

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details