Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crock Pot Pork Chili





Crock Pork Chili~

Ingredients:

  • 2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork loin or lean pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large can (28 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
  • 1 can (16 oz) chili beans, undrained
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 small bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • minced jalapeno or other hot chile, to taste (optional)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

Preparation:

In a large skillet, brown pork cubes in hot oil over medium heat. Drain. Place pork in crockpot; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serve with flour tortillas~
Serves 4-6.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Carrie. I'm going to try your recipe soon. I have a nice pork loin in my freezer right now!

I love to catch pork shoulder on sale too. It's so delicious no matter what you do to it. :)

We are the Smith Family said...

Yummy...sounds great for when the temps start falling!!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Yum! All those great ingredients, and it's a crockpot recipe to boot. Yay! Thanks so much. -Tammy

UPON A HILL said...

Sounds good ; I don't think I have the pork, so I am doing the beef chilli today. But I will have to try this sometime.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details