Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Salsa~


I have tomatoes coming out my ears~so what do I do? Make salsa!

Salsa

10 cups chopped tomatoes
8 jalapeno peppers chopped 
(remove seeds from half of them)
3 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped green peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 1/3 cups vinegar
1 can tomato paste
1 tsp. cumin
1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoons pickling salt
3 Tablespoons brown sugar

Simmer all ingredients for 1 hour.
Stir in 1/3 cup cornstarch diluted in cold water and simmer for several minutes.
Ladle into hot jars & seal. (They will seal without processing in canner.)


5 comments:

blushing rose said...

Awwwww! That sounds hot! TTFN ~Marydon

Christa Smith said...

Hi Carrie,
I like the new look on your blog!
Thanks for the salsa recipe. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Christa

Keeper of our Home said...

Hey, I've not seen a salsa recipe that called for cornstarch. That's a great idea!

~Mrs. M

Miss Jen said...

Ummm.... that sounds YUMMY!!! :)
Thank you SO much for sharing.

Sue said...

So glad somebody has tomatoes coming out of their ears! Our tomatoes this year are not doing so well as our nights and days have just been so cool. Guess I will be hitting up some of the farmer's markets around here:/
Thanks for the recipe! Who doesn't love salsa?

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details