Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Just So Simple~




Acts 4:12 Acts 4:12 

 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.


I have spent most of my life with children. I have been a stay at home Mom for most all my life. I have raised my children and a few others along the way. I educate my children at home and teach Sunday School to 5Th graders. I teach classes for our local Homeschool Group. I spend my days making lessons as simple as I can!  

This morning in my Bible reading I am reading in the book of Acts. In the 4Th chapter of Acts~Peter and John have just spent time with Jesus. They were charged up. You know when we spend time with Jesus we will be charged up too! They were bold~when we spend time with Jesus we will be bold! The religious leaders of the day were mad at them and wanted then to stop preaching this very message~

 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 

They were going to be arrested if they did not stop proclaiming that Jesus and Jesus alone is the only way to eternal life~salvation. 

You may ask~what did they do? Well I knew you would want to know. So as Paul Harvey would say, "Here is the rest of the story."

Acts 4:19-20 

 19But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

 20For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

 They chose to be right with God over being right with the leaders of the day. They were so excited they just could not help but tell all the things they had seen and heard when they had spent time with Jesus.

Dear Friend~the message is so simple. Jesus is the only way to eternal life. It is not by my Baptist baptism or church membership, Mary can not give us eternal life, being good cannot save us, going to church cannot save us and saints cannot get us to Heaven. The Bible says that only by Jesus and what He did on the cross can we be forgiven and justified of our sins. You see~ if Mary could get us to Heaven ~why did Jesus have to die? If my working out my salvation by being good could get me to Heaven ~Jesus could have just stayed in Heaven. If baptism could get us to Heaven ~why in the world did they beat Him, spit upon Him, pull the hair from His face and run a sword through His side?

 No ~it is clear all through the Word of God that what Jesus did on the gruesome Old Rugged Cross ~was enough to wash away the sin of all mankind. This is the best news in the world. I can chose to pay for my own sins or I can accept Jesus' payment for my sin. This is a no brainer! I accept the free gift of salvation~hands down!

It is such a simple message ~but it was not a simple death for the Saviour. Have you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sin, to cleanse you and be Lord of your Life? I beg you if you have never asked Him~today is the day to receive this simple invitation! It is the best decision I have ever made.

3 comments:

Christina said...

AMEN! :)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Yes! Nothing but the blood! Great post Carrie! Enjoy your day!

Sue said...

I love that passage in Scripture! Have a blessed day!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details