Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easy Style Ribs~




After 24 hours of antibiotics I am feeling better and I am no longer contagious. So~I am going to teach my homeschool classes today! I have mentioned Molly to you before. She is a fictitious character for The Homeschool Magazine.  She has wonderful ideas! This recipe was in my e-mail from her this week. You can visit her here! You will find some great crock pot recipes~5 ingredients or less. I am going to try this today because we will be out of the house most of the day. I am also going to put some potatoes in the crock pot for baked potatoes. If you have never tried baked potatoes in the the crock~they are great. I just wash them and put them into the crock pot. It takes about 7 hours. 
I am going to use prime beef in my freezer from our side of beef instead of pork. I hope they turn out yummy!

My family will be greeted with a warm meal waiting when we all return this evening! Hope you are having a good day and remember that you are loved!

Easy Family Style Pork Ribs~Molly's Recipe
• 4 lbs. Pork ribs, your choice either country style or standard rack
• 1 (15 oz) can chicken stock or broth
• 1 (40 oz) bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
Preheat your broiler. Place the rack of ribs 6 inches from the heat and broil about 6 minutes or until lightly browned, then turn and broil 6 more minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
Remove from oven and place in crock pot.
Pour the chicken stock in the crock pot.
Pour the barbecue sauce into the crock pot.
Cook covered on Low for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat falls off the bones when you take a fork to it.


Farming On Faith's Version~

* I went to my pantry and seen that I was out of broth~due to all the soup I have been making while I have been sick. So ~I made my own broth.  I am using prime beef from a side of beef I purchased in the Spring~so I wanted beef broth inside of chicken.

I browned my meat in a skillet~removed the meat and put it in the Crock pot. I then added 2 cups of water to the drippings in the pan, added some McCormick beef seasoning and a couple beef bouillon cubes. It made a wonderful broth.

I then poured my broth over my ribs in the Crock and added some Silver Dollar City sauce. I will cook it about 5 hours on low! Yum!!!

4 comments:

Joycee said...

This will be on the menu this week! Thanks for the great recipe..

Jamie Stroupe said...

Potato's in the crock pot!? I am excited to try this!!!

Coming from the Stroupe home!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I never knew you could make baked potatoes in the crock pot! i will try them that way! Sounds yummy! Enjoy and feel better!!!

Miss Jen said...

YUM... that sounds delectable!
I am SO happy you are feeling better~
*HUGS*

With Much Love~ Miss Jen

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details