Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Berry Good Wild Rice~


 Quick & Easy Family Favorites cookbook

This was in my mailbox this morning. It is from Gooseberry Patch. I just love Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. This sounds wonderful and I have not made a recipe from their books that I did not like! It would be so easy for the busy days ahead. Hope you enjoy. I am going to try it!
*It is from the new Quick and Easy Family Favorites Cookbook~YUM!*  I might just have to buy this one!

Berry Good Wild Rice

1-1/2 c. wild rice, uncooked
2 14 oz. cans vegetable broth
4-1/2 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
4 green onions, sliced
1 T. butter, melted
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1/3 c. sweetened dried cranberries


Mix first 7 ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting 5 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in almonds and cranberries. Cover and cook on low setting 15 more minutes. If all liquid is not absorbed, serve rice with a slotted spoon. Makes 7 cups







1 comment:

Mrs. P. said...

We love wild rice (and I am a HUGE GBP fan). This recipe looks terrific!

Blessings!
Gail

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details