Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How To Keep The Holidays Stressless~

"The Discovery" <span class=
art.com

I am planning to keep this Christmas stress free~ Plan the work and work the plan!

  • When you ask family members to share their favorite Christmas memory. You might be surprised how few meals and toys they mention. Most people remember the memories. Toys get broken, but a memory lasts forever.
  • Remember what really matters. Family and your own home should come first. Everything else should come second to your special place~your Home. The hassles can take care of themselves. 
  • A handmade gift is more special than a bought gift. 
  • It is really okay to say NO! We would  like to do it all, be everywhere, and see everything. We need time together as a family!
  • Plan some time for yourself. You can read a book, listen to music, take a bubble bath by candlelight, get a hair cut, polish your nails, buy yourself a new nightgown. Take a moment to plan what you will wear for Christmas. By taking care of yourself you will avoid the last minute hassle about your appearance.
  • Watch your spending carefully. For many years I found myself in debt trying to create the perfect Christmas~only to regret it January 1st when the bills rolled in. Talk about tension and depression! Overspending will do it! Give yourself the gift of NO DEBT this year. You will be so glad you did!
  • Remember Christmas will come even if the "To Do List" isn't totally finished. Celebrate family, friends, and above all, the true meaning of Christmas! 





7 comments:

Keeper of our Home said...

Stress free Christmas is the way to go. That's our goal too.

~Mrs. M

blushing rose said...

Oh, how this is so true. TY for sharing.

Pop over for our FOUR GIVEAWAYS. TTFN ~Marydon

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

A fantastic list Carrie! Yesterday at my seminar I was asked about the location for my
Christmas dinner celebration - here in Australia lots of people join their friends and head to the beach for barbecues, it is quite a casual affair but there is work involved in transporting all the food and presents, finding a free picnic table (it can be quite crowded!) and travel which can add to the stress. And then there is the heat and insects - all things which can make for an unpleasant experience - it also melts the ice cream for the dessert! I told them I love to stay home and sit around the family meal table - sometimes we do invite a friend or neighbour but being in a home setting to me seems so special. I also type out the menu as a keepsake, a memory of the delicious food we shared together that year. We may go to the beach later in the day when the heat has subsided! I'm sure this is not easy to imagine in your winter Christmas!

Camille said...

I love the look of your blog...so cheerful and welcoming! What great advice...especially about keeping Christmas DEBT free...the memories are what last! AND after all, it is the birth of our Lord we are celebrating!

Blessings,
Camille

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Carrie: One year the Lord impressed on me to make sure everyone had a good Christmas - even if it meant biting my tongue or not getting everything accomplished on the to-do list. I found myself enjoying the holiday more as I gave the gift of myself. I remember this every year and try my best to make it happen. I never regret it.

I love your new look for the blog. Are your suitcases packed, gramma?!

Sandra said...

That is a good list. We keep ours real simple and we love it! I used to have a problem saying no, but not anymore. We can only do so much and much of the doing was not even memorable.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I am trying very hard this year to make it stress free. Even trying to make my life stress free and have learned recently to say no to a few things. Great list Carrie!!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details