Monday, November 2, 2009

How To Paint A Window~ Frugal Gift Idea

You can pick up old frames for next to nothing or free often times. 
Painted windows can be such a nice gift for pennies. 
 Decorate them in any style you wish.  
This one is hanging in my booth for sale.


1. Sand frame.
2. Take newspaper and masking tape~ cover all the glass.
3. Spray paint frame~remove newspaper.
4. Paint the design you want. You can print images from the computer and  tape them to the back for an easy way to paint if you do not like to draw. This is great for sayings. I use cheap Apple Barrel Paints.
5. When you finish with your painting~let it dry. Then coat it with a clear spray paint. I give it about 5 coats ~letting it dry between coats. This is the time to add sprinkles and glitter if you wish. This will seal it and keep the paint from pealing off~works like a charm.
6. Place 2 sturdy screws on the back with heavy wire for hanging.






This one hangs in my house.









10 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Very pretty!!! We had an old window like this years ago and it stayed in our garage waiting for me to do something with it until I got tired of it and threw it out!!! How silly of me! I love the snowman! Enjoy your day!

Christina said...

Great Frame/Window. I also love using them for frames.

Christa said...

Great idea Carrie. I have lots of old windows waiting to be transformed into works of art.
Thanks for sharing.

Christa

Shabby Cottage Shoppe said...

Thanks for the instructions. This looks like a fun project.
Gail

A Country Homemaker said...

Oh those are absolutely lovely! I want the Frosty one! :-)

Lovingly,
Carrie

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I appreciate the instructions. You make it sound like it wouldn't be too hard. I might be able to do this :-) Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Blessings,
Marcia

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Those windows are wonderful! I'm really wishing I had an old window right about now!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I love this idea....and yours looks great! I am stopping by from Mamabuzz. Im new over there and saw your email to the group. Nice to meet you!

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

hi carrie, Both are so pretty and great idea.Good luck with your booth.
Commenting on your last post, i enjoyed reading your to do list for the Holidays. I've really got to get busy on mine.
thank you for sharing.

i want to thank you for stopping by the other day and for encouraging me so much.
blessings,
Sue

Miss Jen said...

Beautiful~ Carrie! :)
I am blessed to call you "friend"
*hugs* Thank you for your kind words
on Blessed Femina.

Love & Blessings~ Miss Jen

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details