Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm Walking On Sunshine~A Day With The Amish



Woo~hoo~ I woke up on the right side of the bed! I am walking on sunshine today! I am so excited!! Can you tell? I am heading to Jamesport , Mo~(Amish Country) with my Pastor's wife, Pam Marshall and the Evangelist's wife Karen Hightower. We are going to stock our pantries for the Thanksgiving and Christmas baking. 
This is my all time favorite kind of day!!! I buy all my baking needs at the H&M Amish Store. We will of course eat at the Mennonite Buffet and have the best food in whole wide world~my mouth is already watering. I just had a piece of toast for breakfast because you never want to go to the Gingerich's Restaurant unless you are starving. My family tease me so because I can actually dream about this meal all the time. It is so good. I wish you could all come and go with me.   I love stepping back in time~I just may never come back to this to fast pace way of life we live. I just hope if I choose to stay ~My Brian will come and join me! 

You can have a peek at Jamesport~Amish Country here.




7 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Hubby and I are on our way to Amish country as well, next week for a few days away from everything. We'll be going to Lancaster, PA, about 2 hours from where we live. Hope you have a great time!

Mrs. P. said...

Carrie...this is my perfect day :) We've visited the Amish in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio and Indiana. We have friends in Troy, MO and each time we have visited, we've talked of going to the Amish but have yet to do that. Maybe next summer. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Blessings!
Gail

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

What a wonderful way to spend a sunny day, enjoy!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

What a beautiful place to go shopping for your Christmas supplies - sure beats the supermarket and the mall! I think I would be so taken with all those beautiful buildings and the surrounding countryside that I would completely forget what I was going there for, I would definitely need my list with me! I sometimes do this if I enter a lovely gift shop - I become so smitten by all the gorgeous displays that I need to be reminded by my husband 'Why did we come in here?' 'To buy a gift for my sister' - 'Well, find some thing', then the next problem - deciding what to buy - too many choices! Enjoying reading your Christmas posts Carrie, I just love this time of year!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

This sounds wonderful. I have relatives and friends in Missouri, but I had to look up where Jamesport was. I haven't been to No. Missouri; my relatives are closer to St. Louis and our friends are near Springfield. I want to visit this place the next time we're back there though. I've always wanted to visit an amish village.
Blessings,
Marcia

Amy Kinser said...

Oh how envious I am. My family and I traveled to Lancaster, PA, last year, and I fell madly in love. I have such a strong desire to go back. I truly believe it was God's country.

I live in Tennessee and am a long way away. Oh, but one day, I will go back.

Please share with us some of the goodies you bought and maybe only I will want to hear it, but I would love to hear about your delicious meal. Details are wonderful....

I do hope you had a blessed beyond measure kind of day.

Amy

Keeper of our Home said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun!!! I so wish we were closer to an Amish community. I can imagine how lovely it would be to visit.

~Mrs.M

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details