Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Questions and Answers~



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like both but I like a wrapped gifts the best!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
For sure ~a real Christmas tree~I love the smell!

3. When do you put up the tree?
This year due to my trip to Washington a week before Christmas.
See our magical tree shopping moment below~lol!
Normally I put it up on Black Friday.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Beings this year I put it up so late it will stay up a week or so after Christmas.
In most years past it comes down the day after Christmas.
I decorate the house for New Years ~clean fresh and full of snow flakes to
be replaced with Valentine decorations.
So I keep some greenery up until after Valentines Day.
It brightens the long Missouri winter.

5. Do you like eggnog?
To tell you the truth I have not tried it since I was a teenager.
I didn't like it then. I buy it for my family because they all like it.
I have some in my fridge~maybe I will try it again!


6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My Baby Alive Doll~it was the very first year they came out!
I remember sitting under the Christmas tree that night
with only the Christmas lights on~ feeding and changing her diaper!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Brian~

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Mom

9. Do You have a nativity scene?
Yes~maybe I will take a picture for you.
My Brian's Grandmother made and painted it. She is such a great painter.
It is one of my prized treasures! She painted it in bright colors ~
which reminds me of her . She has always been so full of fun and color.


10.Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail...but not this year, sorry.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I just can't think of any! I am blessed!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Its A Wonderful Life...it brings me warm and fuzzy memories!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December 26Th, does that surprise ANYONE!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only if I have to!.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
The traditional Christmas ham, mashed potatoes, 7 layer salad, fresh cranberry relish~yum!

16. Lights on the tree?
On the tree? I have lights on all four of my trees and everywhere else!

17.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We will have a nice quiet Christmas at home.
Each year I put out a Christmas puzzle on the coffee table and we all work on it each time we sit still.
I have not yet found one this year. I am going to work on that today!
Our big Christmas with Family will be the next day at my Mothers.
I love spending it with all my family!

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Contrary to my children's wishes every year to cheat and open gifts early~
It is always Christmas morning before my chickens are awake!
I am a "It has to be the day~ Girl."








7 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Lovely answers that give me a picture of a fun and cruisy Christmas day!
It all sounds much like ours...Minus the eggnog!

Karen said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Karen

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Great questions and answers. I buy the eggnog for our family, but rarely drink it, and my kids have to wait until Christmas day too. I love the photo of you and Boston. You look young enough to be his mama.
Blessings,
Marcia

Karen said...

It does sound like a good evening to curl up with a throw and a good movie. We are in for a BIG snowstorm this weekend, so I think I'll do the same!! Hugs~ Karen

The Watts Family said...

Wonderful Ponderings! I just watched it's a wonderful life what a great movie indeed!!!~Merry Christmas and Blessings Heather :)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love your list! We have lights all over the house as well, not just on the tree either! Great devotional form the day before. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenifer said...

I, too, got a Baby Alive doll for Christmas. I believe I was in fourth grade, around 1974, that I got it. I don't know if it was the year they first came out but I was so excited to get it. I remember feeding her and changing her diapers. A good laugh now but it sure is a fond memory :-)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details