Thursday, December 31, 2009

Harvey~



Today we went to somewhere in Kansas~out on snowy hills~ to only God knows where~ to collect our new farm truck. Now don't laugh just yet. My Brian can do just about anything. I have watched him take down to mere pieces~ a 1967 Chevy truck and a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. In the end they were beautifully restored. So I have no doubt my ugly little truck will one day shine again! I have learned to never question his abilities. He really can do anything! So come Spring ~Harvey will look like the cute little truck on one of my favorite Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks.

The owners were sad to see Harvey go~he belonged to their father who was the first and only owner until now. They had many offers to sell him to be made into a "hot rod" but the family was sure their father would have wanted him to remain a handy dandy little farm truck to be used on the farm. Which is just what is in store for Harvey as Farming On Faith's truck.

I wish to have him restored in a bright red or candy apple red color. However~ his true color is the little bit of yellow you see~kind-of gold. What do you think? What color would you paint Harvey?



7 comments:

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Hello Carrie,
I like Harvey and know my dh would love to own one like him.
I have been busy with family visiting and have just got back to visiting friends here in blogland.
I think you are so amazing as a wife, mother and now grandmother, and lets not forget friend.
I so enjoy reading your posts and can relate so much to them. And since we both have chickens I can relate to the extra cold weather causing them some grief, though we have been spared the snow that you all are getting.

Praying God's continued blessings on you and your family this New Year.
Blessings,Sue

Dottie said...

Well, I think the original honey gold color would suit Harvey just fine. Good luck...it's a nice looking truck already!

Regan Family Farm said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! I know being jealous just isn't...well, it isn't good or right, but I have to say I'm just a touch jealous!!! Harvey is going to look fantastic on your farm~Congratulations!

Nancy M. said...

Very cool! I'll bet it will look awesome all fixed up! Happy New Year!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Our husbands have a lot in common Carrie!
Brett has just helped our son restore a ute - I think you call them 'pick-ups'. It is going to be his surf mobile - once he passes his driving test! Did I tell you my husband also loves hunting - he grew up in NZ living close to the forest where he hunted deer and wild pigs.

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Were a Ford family here but Harvey would look grand in red, so my vote is Gooseberry Patch all the way!

Gooseberry Patch said...

As much as we're partial to the little red Gooseberry trucks, a golden yellow would probably make Harvey (and his previous owner!) pretty darned happy. Good luck!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details