Thursday, February 26, 2015

How To Peel Farm Fresh Eggs~




If you have ever attempted to boil and peel farm fresh eggs, you know it is no easy task. I researched this problem and guess what I found~the answer from a fellow blogger! Granny Annie from Fools Rush In had the answer. I must tell you it worked like a charm. Being a girl with 12 pet chickens this is a good thing to know!


1. Place eggs and water and 2 (two) Tablespoons of salt in pan covered with lid.


2. Bring water to boiling and reduce heat to simmer. Keep covered and simmer for 15 minutes.


3. Drain hot water in sink and run cool water over eggs. Drain cool water and place ice over eggs. Fill pan with cool water and leave eggs in water and ice for exactly ten minutes.


4. Lightly tap the egg on counter to crack shell all around and roll between your hands. Start the peel on the narrow end of the egg, being careful to catch that thin film. Once the peel begins you can slip the entire shell off the egg as if your are removing a little jacket.






14 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Thats a funny thing as we are always whining that our hens daily eggs just won't peel "Neatley"
Going to try this method for sure

Joycee said...

This one little tip will save me from going bonkers each time I make boiled eggs with the really fresh ones! It was so frustrating to peel away the white and shell all at once! Love your blog!
joy c. at grannymountain

Sandra said...

We too have fresh eggs and I've tried several different things and none of them work. I just copied this to try next time.

Marydon Ford said...

Yup! Been doing this for ba-zillion years, works every time!

Did you get your parcel yet?

MERRY CHRISTMAS
TTFN ~ Marydon
**NEW BLOG**
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Flat Creek Farm said...

Thanks, Carrie. I have saved this information and will try it! The fresher the eggs, the harder they are to peel. -Tammy

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Hi Carrie,'Just the way I do it, and works every time, by the way hope the hens are doing well in your weather.I only got two eggs today, that is just not going to do, I need more! lol. I have grand girls coming and they love it when grandma gets up and fixes scrambled eggs for them.

I read your post from yesterday, just enjoyed it so much, it brought back so many wonderful memories for me, and wonderful memories is what you are making.

May you and your family have the most blessed CHRISTmas ever.
Hugs,
Sue

Sharon said...

Yip this works great! Glad you posted it.
Sharon

Kristy Quinn said...

I don't have fresh eggs just yet but I definately plan on it one day. I will remember this! :) Thank you for posting it

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you thank you thank you

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I remember those days, I've also heard adding a small amount of vinegar in the water? Thanks for the photo tip, I had that program once and wasn't too thrilled with it, the upgrade must be alot better. THanks!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I find it difficult whenever I have to peel fresh eggs that I buy from the grocery!!! I will remember this next time!!! THanks! Love the farm fresh egg sign, cute!

Domestic Goddess said...

Hi I have a different way to peel my fresh eggs. I steam them for 25 minutes. They are perfectly cooked and peel like...old eggs. I have a steamer now but I used to use my dutch oven and a metal colandar and a foil lid.

Regan Family Farm said...

I can't wait to try this!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Ok I just tried the 25 min steam. then ice water for 5 mins. Perfectlly cooked and peeled so easy. I was so dreading buying eggs from the store. Now I can use the eggs my babies lay. Whoo Hoo!! Thank you!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details