Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ultimate Sugar Cookies~



Farming On Faith's Sugar Cookie Recipe~
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1/4 light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

*Combine sugar and shortening in large bowel. Beat on medium speed. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
* Combine 3 cups of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide into 2 parts and cover in plastic wrap ~refrigerate for an hour.

* Roll out dough and cut into shapes on floured surface.
* Bake in oven at 375 degrees on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes~be careful to take out when just golden.


2 comments:

Kristy Quinn said...

I might have to try that recipe. I ruined a couple dozen sugar cookies today :( I've never ever ruined cookies lol I acc. added baking powder when it called for baking soda. They had a really strange bite to them lol I finally figured out my issue so I have some but lots fed my trash can LOL My girls had fun taste testing though :)

Marydon Ford said...

Carrie, the kid-lings will enjoy this.

Merry Christmas ~ Marydon

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details