Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fabric Softener Tip~$ Saver


Now most of you know who are regulars here~I make my own Fabric Softener. About a year ago I really researched this whole coupon thing.  I have been using coupons faithfully for about a year. I sometimes get things free or close to free. This past week I scored big at CVS and Walgreens. I was able to get two bottles of  Suavitel for 50 cents a bottle. I stacked the sale with store coupons and coupons from the paper. SO ~what did I do with that Fabric Softener?

Stretch Your Fabric Softener and Save $$$$

I found a gallon jar and poured 1/3 of the jar with Suavitel.  The other 2/3's I filled with water. I then cut up sponges and added them to the jar.
For each use squeeze the sponge out lightly and throw into the dryer as you would dryer sheets. It works wonderfully and last forever!

This will last several months and only cost me 5o cents and oh my clothes smell so nice!

9 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Excellent advice! I'll have to do this. Isn't it amazing, when you find out how things are really made, how much is simply WATER? The same w/foaming hand soap...all you need to do it take an empty foaming soap dispenser & put about 1" of either your favorite liquid soap or (my favorite) liquide Castile soap, slowly fill w/water to about 1" from the top (I add about 5 drops of lavender essential oil to my Castile), shake & use! Who knew that the 'secret' to the foam was WATER?!

It's always a joy to visit your blog & always a joy when you visit mine.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim W<><

Christa said...

This is great Carrie! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Christa

mommyx12 said...

I'm definitely a tutorial person!! lol. So about how think and big are the sponges and can you use any brand of fabric softener? And, should the fabric softener be a concentrate kind?

Domestic Goddess said...

I use homemadde detergents as well. I tried the dishwasher detergent and that didn't work. Do you have success with it?

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Your so cleaver!

UPON A HILL said...

You have got some great tips! I still am gonna try your laundry detergent!

Crystal said...

Oh what a great idea, what size sponge do you use? I just love all of your ideas. I visit your blog just about everyday.

Have a blessed week!

Crystal said...

I left a comment, but cannot see it. This is a great idea. I love your music too. I am going to try the laundry detergent.

karen hopkins said...

Loved the idea for the fabric softener stretch, Carrie... awesome to pass along to my daughter with small kids, and on a tight budget.. Thanks so much! Hope your little man, Boston, is doing well!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details