Thursday, January 21, 2010

Simple French Bread~



Sandra @ Keeping It Simple posted this recipe a couple days ago and today I am trying it out!
    * I have to tell you this recipe is so simple and it taste wonderful!*




If you don't use wheat just use all white in the amounts.
3 c wheat flour
2 TBS yeast
2 c water, 120 degrees
2 TBS oil
1 TBS sugar or honey
2 tsp. salt
2-3 c plain flour
1 egg white
1 TBS water
cornmeal (If using cookie sheet)

In a bowl mix the wheat flour, salt, yeast and sugar. Add the water and oil and start to mix. Add 2 c of plain flour and then as much as needed to make a stiff dough with the third cup. Let rise until double, about an hour and a half. Turn onto floured surface and cut into two pieces. Roll out into a rectangle. Roll up from the long side and place seam side down onto a lightly greased pan, sprinkled with cornmeal. Cut slits about 1/4 inch deep, 2 inches apart on top of loaf. Repeat for second piece. Let rise 45 minutes. Put into a preheated 375 oven for 15 minutes. While it is baking mix the egg white and water together. Brush the loaves with this mixture and bake an additional 15 minutes.

This recipe made two large loaves so I am going to make French Toast for breakfast in the morning!


5 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

I have a wonderful french bread recipe also. This one looks so beautiful Carrie!I haven't baked bread for the awhile............ hmmmmmm...... sounds like a good idea. Still cold outside here in Kansas

Thanks for the warm hug from your blog.
Blessings, Lindas

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Looks good and easy, I'll be trying this one next time I get in the mood to make some bread. Thanks!

Marla at Always Nesting said...

I printed the recipe. It looks very tasty and easy to make. That's my kind of recipe.

Lynn said...

I just made 4 loaves of this for my family tonight and for another in need. This is AWESOME bread. Thanks SO much for the recipe. I love your blog. It's so refreshing to come here and listen to your music and partake of the wonderful recipes and advice. And tips too! : D Can't forget those. Love them.

Jeannette said...

Love the recipe! So easy to teaching my older three daughters. (I'm Lynn's sister...she introduced me to your blog)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details