Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yeast Pan Bread~ So Easy


If you have never made bread and are intimidated by making homemade bread this recipe is for you. Or if you are in a hurry as I was last night and want to pull out a warm pan of bread~start to finish in only one hour. I start this before I start my meal, mix it, let sit for 30 minutes and bake for 20 minutes! Yum~hot warm bread for any meal!

2 cups wheat or white or a combination
1/4 cup sugar or honey 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon of yeast or 1 packet
1/3 cup dry milk powder
1/4 cup oil
1 medium egg
1 cup of water~warm

*Mix in together flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and dry milk. Mix until well blended with a fork or your kneader on your Mix Aid.

* Add oil, egg, and warm tap water. Stir again~it will look like cake batter.

*Pour into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan
* Cover and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes. It does not look like it has risen much but that is OK.

* Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown on top.

This is so good and easy!


8 comments:

Camille said...

That sounds very yummy Carrie! Mmmmm...i can smell it! :)

JenW!~ said...

Oh Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am writting it down and trying it for supper tonight.

Granny Annie said...

That will make a wonderful treat for my hubby tomorrow. I'm afraid the two of us will easily and rapidly eat the entire loaf.

Tina said...

Oh yum, Im going to give it a whirl with dinner tonight! Thanks:)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I could really use a slice right now!!!

I'm back! Thanks for your prayers and comments!

Enjoy!

Granny Annie said...

I must have done something wrong. I used 1 c. wheat and 1 c. white flour. I used sugar instead of honey. The bread smelled wonderful and looked beautiful but the taste was horrible. I have had the wheat flour for a while. Could it expire? I did not find an expiration date but that is the only thing I can imagine went wrong. Did anyone else try it? I am tempted to try it again with only white flour.

Jennifer said...

I made these tonight and they were fantastic! Super easy too! I used white bread flour and sugar and they turned out wonderfully! Thanks for sharing these recipe. :)

Courtney said...

I would love to try this, it looks super easy, but is there anything I can use in place of the milk powder? We are snowed in right now and I dont have any. Thanks! :)

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details