Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Celebrate National Pancake Day~



My children love pancakes. In my quest to make all things from my Pantry~ I started making my own Pancake Mix. I just thought National Pancake Day would be a great day to share this recipe. We love it! I make it in a big container and I post the recipe on an index card taped to the container. It saves money but also keeps my pantry stocked! Give it a try. Enjoy!

Homemade Pancake Mix

12 c. flour
4 c. dry powered milk
3/4 c. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
2 T. salt

When you are ready to make pancakes~use the following recipe.
1 1/2 c. dry mix
1 c. water
1 egg, beaten
2 T. oil

* I write the recipe on the outside of my container. The dry mix can be stored in the pantry.
This makes wonderful pancakes and waffles.

12 comments:

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

Throw in some blueberries and I'm there! lol

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

Sounds yummy. I love make-your-own-mixes. My kids love anything that goes with syrup! I also like to add a little vanilla to our pancakes. Have a great day!

Down On The Farm said...

Looks delicious. I love pancakes, my whole family does. Sometimes we have pancakes for supper! I make mine homemade too, although I've never made up the "mix" I just make them as I go. This would be a great time saver, and probably encourage me to make pancakes more often :0!

Patty said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings said...

Yesterday I finished the box of store bought pancake mix because "I" just had to have some blueberry pancakes! M M M M
Sorry, my mind ran away for a min...lol...I wanted a recipe to make my own mix and here you have one posted ...
Thank You and ~HUGS~~

Amber said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I LOVE your blog. I love all the do-it-yourself stuff you have on here. I will soon be attempting the laundry soap and fabric softner. I am very excited about it! Thank you!

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. We love pancakes and make them on Saturdays. I usually make up the mix (from scratch) and my Sweetie cooks them. It would be great to have all the dry ingredients premixed. Thanks bunches!

~willa~

Shelley said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Down On The Farm said...

Carrie - I used the homemade liquid hand soap tonight and it is pretty "runny." Did I do something wrong, or is it fairly thin? I followed your recipe exactly. Any suggestions?

Kristy Quinn said...

Yummy! I love pancakes and just recently I started making my own. I like how you store your mixture. I think I will start doing that too. That way my kids can make it easier. :D Thanks for posting it~

The Watts Family said...

Oh that is a fabulous idea thanks for sharing I will have to make some of this for sure ~Blessings Love Heather

MelissaInk said...

Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details