Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do You Know Who Roger Bacon Was?

Roger Bacon.[Credits : Hulton Archive/Getty Images]
As a Scientist in the Middle Ages, way ahead of his time, born in the in the 1200' s ~Roger Bacon predicted the use of cars, airplanes, motorized boats, and possibly submarines. He is credited for developing the ideas of reflection (where we we be without our mirrors?~I can't image) and refraction. ( the splitting of light such as in a rainbow or a reflection from a prism on the wall~beautiful!)
This English man is credited for creating the magnifying glass from which came the concept of spectacles or as we know them today as eyeglasses. Many of his writings are considered to be masterpieces.
As my son~Caleb and I studied this man today~ I find this statement of his most interesting~he was indeed a brilliant man.
Roger Bacon ~the English Scientist of the Middle Ages wrote, " Science will never be able to save man from his sins."
Dispite all the technology of our times~I would have to agree!

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


6 comments:

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

With his comment about sin, he apparently had wisdom along with knowledge!

Parsley said...

Now I want to study about him. Homeschooling is the best!

Donna said...

So true.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thanks for the lesson! Learning together with your child is a blessing. I enjoyed homeschooling my daughter for the few years that I could. I learned many things along with her.

" Science will never be able to save man from his sins." Amen! I'm so glad we have a Saviour.

~willa~

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I just love that! If I could do it all over again, I would homeschool my kids. I work at the library and we have the greatest group of homeschool families that come in. By the way, every time I'm at your blog, it gets cuter and cuter. Have a great Wednesday ~ ♥

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love the scientists of old. They studied science but didn't deny Christ. We may have to do a study of this man around our house too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details