Friday, January 14, 2011

Hannah's Homemade Fondant~


Marshmallow Fondant Recipe Ingredients
8-ounce bag of marshmallows
2 pounds of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of water
vegetable shortening (Crisco) for greasing hands and tools
How To Make Marshmallow Fondant
Put the marshmallows and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for about two minutes. The marshmallows should be puffy but will still hold their shape. Stir thoroughly until smooth.
Next, add about 1 1/2 pounds of the powdered sugar and stir with a spoon well greased with the Crisco. The homemade fondant at this point should be a very sticky dough.
Thoroughly grease your hands and work surface with the shortening and knead the fondant, adding a little bit of powdered sugar at a time until the mixture isn't sticky anymore. If it's sticky, add more sugar. If it's dry and tearing, add a teaspoon or two of water and knead it in. The homemade fondant recipe is finished when the dough is pliable and stretchy without tearing.
If you won't be using the marshmallow fondant recipe right away, cover it with a little bit more Crisco and wrap it well with plastic wrap. Seal it in a bag and keep it in the refrigerator, where it will last for several weeks.

14 comments:

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I will show Michaela this recipe. She is considering taking up cake decorating and needs to experiment more! Aldi over here sells marshmallows that do not contain artificial colours or preservatives- will buy a few more packs on the weekend shop and try Hannah's recipe!

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I would like to give this a try.

Regan Family Farm said...

Sounds like fun and it is so pretty! We have all the ingredients on hand...is it low cal??? :)
Hugs, Kathy

Mandie said...

I have a recipe similar to this but haven't tried it yet. Sounds so yummy and will save a lot of money if homemade. Thank you for the recipe!

mrshester said...

Interesting! I wonder if it tastes like or better than "real" fondant?

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I'm very impressed with Hannah! That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Have a great evening, Carrie!
Tammy

UPON A HILL said...

Something to put in my recipe book. Cute cake!

Skye said...

That looks so very beautiful and yummy! :)

Marmee's Pantry said...

How lovely! It's almost looks too good to eat!

.......Almost. '-)

Blessing from Ohio...Kim<><

Anonymous said...

heya! i've been wanting to make fondant, but only ever could find recipes that had real expensive ingredients that were hard to find... so thanks a bunch from the netherlands :D

karen hopkins said...

Carrie, thank you so much for sharing this recipe - so easy it sounds.. I love to bake, cakes especially - this will be a great activity for my daughter and I to do when she hangs out with me every week.. thanks so much... such creative juices you have me going now!!
ps. hope little Boston is doing well... such a cutie patootie!!
karen
http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com

Kristy Quinn said...

Oh gosh that was beautiful and I bet it tastes just as good as it looks! Thanks for sharing... I had my 8 year old just today tell me, "Mama, I want to decorate cakes for a living. Do you think I can?" LOL I think I'll show her that beautiful cake <3

Janis said...

Your blog is quickly becoming my favorite! Love the great mixtue of family, food, and scripture. Just love it!!! I try to post scripture or encouragemnt to our facebook status each day and your blog is becoming a wonderful uplift to many of our friends.
God Bless you.....Janis

Tanya said...

Miss Hannah,
Wow...you are quite the baker! Maybe you could get a "guest" blog post spot on your Momma's blog...And you are quite the photographer too! I love looking at your pics! Hope your schooling is going well.

Hi Momma Carrie,
You Shindorf girls are such the cooks! Can I come spend a weekend and just watch you work or can I hire you???? Smile!
Have a great weekend...can't wait to see what's next???
Love,
T

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details