Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Long Winter~




This is what I see when I look out my window this morning. We have 9 inches of snow and it is now about 15 degrees~on a bright note the sun is shining. PLL

Today is the first day of Spring Home-school Classes. I teach our K4~K5 students and we are to do a Unit Study~on none other than Spring. Well I am confused with record low temps and snow everywhere you look~I surely think my young students will be confused. So in light of our record snow and cold temps at this late February date~I have decided to switch gears. Menopause seems to be making that a daily event for me lately! But that is for another post. No~today I get to be young again. We are going to have a~ "Farewell To Winter Celebration." We are making the cutest snowmen with great big mittens that say, "Goodbye Winter." We are going to play pass the ice~like hot potato. I have songs, finger plays and stories all about winter~leaving and coming back some other day! We are going to learn just where all our furry and slimy friends go when it snows and snows and snows!!!! We are going to sing Frosty and we are going to eat Sno-Ball Hostess cupcakes. ( my favorite) All just because we can. In saying~"goodbye" to Winter~ I am hoping and praying Winter will say~ "goodbye" to us!

I am going to make today a great day~I hope you will too! 8)

5 comments:

Patty said...

God bless all your work and plans and you and the children have a wonderful day.

UPON A HILL said...

I want to be a part of the games & say farewell to Winter as well. Have fun today. BTW, the menopause, I relate.
Blessings~Kim

The Watts Family said...

Our your unit Study sounds fun!! ~Have a wonderful day ~Blessings Love Heather

Eileen said...

Sounds like a great celebration to me and on my birthday as well! :0) As far as menopause, I know what you are talking about! I've been feeling that way for 6 years now!!! Have a great time with your students!

Sue said...

Your study sounds just great. I sure miss the homeschooling days.

And I totally understand about the whole menopause thing:/ LOL

Enjoy your snow covered ground. Ours looks a lot like yours

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details