Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Lord's Day~ Peach Cobbler

I am up making Grandma's Sunday Meatloaf for dinner after church.
I am looking forward to hear what God has for me this morning.
When I go expecting~God always comes through.

Grandma's Sunday Meatloaf~

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 ribs celery, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or 1 pound lean
  • ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork
  • 3/4 cup oats, quick or old-fashioned
  • 1/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 3 tablespoons water or milk

Preparation:

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped celery and onion; cook, stirring, until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.

In a large bowl, mix ground beef or beef and pork mixture, oats, chili sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, beaten egg, celery and onion mixture, and the water or milk. In a 13x9-inch baking pan, shape meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf. Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Using 2 spatulas, carefully move meat loaf to a serving plate and slice.


It was cloudy yesterday at Farming On Faith. What do you like to do on rainy days? I like to clean. So that is what I did~sure feels good to have a job done!

My girls played in the rain all day long as you can see from the picture above! My Brian and I cleaned out the messing chicken coop and lined it with fresh clean straw. In return one of my girls blessed us with this enormous egg. Really the blue egg is extra large but this egg is huge. I think I might blow it out and keep it.


Here is Sunday's Scripture. You are welcome to snatch this picture and use it if you like. I thought it turned out so cute! I pray you have a good and Godly day!


My Favorite Sunday Mashed Potatoes~
8-10 Russet potatoes~ peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks ~cooked
1 1/4 teaspoons salt or to taste
I stick real butter
1/2 to 2/3 cup hot milk
1 package of cream cheese

Take cooked potatoes, drain and put the he mixing bowel. Add butter, milk, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. I make before church on Sunday and place in crock pot on warm. They keep great!


My girls will be excited this morning. When I make potatoes~I boil the skins for them. What a fine treat ~ They love them!

Today's dessert~

QUICK AND EASY PEACH COBBLER


1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
3/4 c. milk
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 stick butter
1 (No. 2) can sliced peaches
6 to 8 fresh peaches, can be used

Sift flour, sugar and baking powder together and then add milk. Stir thoroughly. Melt butter in 9 x 9 inch square baking dish. Then drain all juice from peaches and arrange them in a dish with the butter. Next pour over the peaches the flour mixture. DO NOT STIR. Top with 1/4 cup sugar mixed with a dash of cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

7 comments:

Patty said...

That is one big egg! It makes the extra large one look small.

Have a blessed day.

Regan Family Farm said...

Delicious sounding menu...have a beautiful day! The next dessert? Cobbler!
Love, Kathy

Bluebell Country said...

We get those huge eggs also. Our boys love finding them, and feel bad for the chicken that laid it...lol! Thanks for sharing the recipes, am going to be trying your easy peach cobbler.
Blessings to you and yours, Bluebell Country.
Come by and visit us sometime...

Barbara said...

Oh that sounds like a delicious meal, I have a meat loaf cooking now, and gonna have mashed potatoes, no cobbler, sounds great though.
Hey I have a egg like that, I took my a few years ago, it had 3 yokes in it, how about yours, I wanted to save mine, but dh ate it,
Have a blessed day.

mommyx12 said...

Oh thanks for these simple recipes. We are having family over today for dinner and this peach cobbler seems the perfect dessert to through together after church. I only wish that I had my ducks in a row yesterday so I wouldn't have to do it today on the Sabbath. Have a wonderful day.

Courtney said...

That is the same recipe my mother has taught me of how to make peach cobbler. It is so yummy!! We also make it with frozen blueberries too. Just thaw them out in the microwave first and drain the juice off. Then use in the recipe. Now I think I may have to go make some. :)

Tanya said...

Carrie,
Those are 3 of my favs...meatloaf, mashed potatoes and PEACH cobbler...OH MY!! Cool in Kansas today and that would have been so warm and yummy...I'll bet your household was very happy!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details