Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Robins Have Arrived~



Farming On Faith is in the great melt down~that means mud~mud~ and more mud! However~we are having beautiful Spring like days finally after a long~long~long winter here in Missouri. I was so excited yesterday to see the Robins arrive!~that has to mean good things are to come~Woo Hoo!!!

I am off to a brunch this morning to celebrate a very special friend's birthday. I think it is going to be a wonderful day!


Spring, Almost

The sunshine gleams so bright and warm,
The sky is blue and clear.
I run outdoors without a coat,
And spring is almost here.

Then before I know it,
Small clouds have blown together,
Till the sun just can't get through them,
And again, it's mitten weather.

What the Robin Told

The wind
told the grasses,
And the grasses
told the trees.
The trees
told the bushes,
And the bushes
told the bees.
The bees
told the robin,
And the robin
sang out clear:
Wake up!
Wake up!
Spring is here!






8 comments:

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

The robins have arrived here, alot of them so I keep the feeders full each day! Love them too!

Marla at Always Nesting said...

What a beautiful picture.

Sue said...

Carrie! That is so funny that you posted this today. I was just telling Gordon yesterday that the robins will be here soon! We usually see them around here the middle of March. We have a lot of snow on the ground still so I am sure they are waiting for the snow to melt off the ground since they are ground hunters. I LOVE robins. They are one of my favorite birds....so friendly and family oriented :D
Thanks for posting! Woot!

Eileen said...

Out here in California we saw our first robin in February. It's nice to know that that wonderful first sign of spring is heading east!

Patty said...

Spring is certainly coming! Hope you have a great day with your friend celebrating.

Blessings said...

I have read on some Michigan blogs that they are "tapping the maple trees" ! Yes, Spring is near!
~~HUGS~~

Lady Farmer said...

And we have hummingbirds! They have been here for about a month ~ I have never seen a hummer here that early before! I wonder what that means?
Thanks so much for your little comment about being one of your favorite blogs ~ I am honored!
Enjoy your 'almost spring' day!
Blessings!

Jenny said...

My children have been anxiously awaiting the Robins too! This has seemed like a long, wet, muddy winter. I will be glad for spring. Blessings...

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details