Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy~ Take 2


We have safely delivered Yo Yo the cat to the Animal Hospital. He has thyroid tumors that are cancer. They feel it was caught early and he should make a complete recovery. He had radioactive therapy through an IV and he went through the procedure just fine. I am happy for Miss Billie ~she was worried her beloved Yo would not make it. As frail as the cat is I was a bit worried myself.

It was smooth sailing and even though the old gold Caddy is vintage she still gives a comfortable ride that only a Caddy can give. Miss Billie did well considering. She began to drip with tears as we left Yo there for 5 days. However~ she assured me that there was something blooming that had her allergies in a tizzy. All is safe in sound until the next time.

I truly do sometimes feel like I am in a movie as we take our journeys. She says the funniest things and she keeps me laughing all the time. She has such a funny side to her. I learn something of value almost every time we spend time together. I think I have just fallen head over heels for my Friend~Miss Billie. We both have birthdays in May. Our favorite color is yellow. We love gardening but roses are our favorite. We both seem to think our way is the best way . Somewhere inside I think maybe she and I ~though we are generations apart~ are cut from the same mold. Yes~I believe God loves Miss Billie so much that he sent a 4o some year old version of herself to bring her to Jesus.

To think all she has witnessed in her 85 years~so many changes. Yet to her it seems like only yesterday that she was a child roller skating down Ashland Avenue. Just another reason to cherish the moments~for they soon will be memories to treasure.

We have had a really bad winter in our part of Missouri. Miss Billie hates winter and gloomy days. In fact on rainy days she gets quite contrary! It snowed from November to March with many gloomy days in between. SO~a couple of weeks ago we were driving Yo to the Vet in our hometown and I said, "Oh it is just so beautiful, the trees are budding, the tulips and daffodils are beautiful the lilacs are in full bloom~it is just a beautiful spring." To which Miss Billie replies, " Well we certainly deserve it." You just have to imagine the same attitude that Jessica Tandy has in the movie is Billie's real life attitude.

Thank you for all your comments and prayers~ all is well.


7 comments:

Patty said...

Very good. Miss Billie might make a good character in that children's book featuring Sami bird and the farm chicks. And what about that caddy?!! Just thoughts I had while reading your post. Enjoyed!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I am placing Miss Billie on my prayer list Carrie - I would really love to meet her in heaven one day and tell her how I so enjoyed reading about her driving adventures with 'Mrs Carrie'! I attended a revival meeting on Sunday and came away with a new zeal to pray for the people that God places across my path that they come to know and accept Jesus as their Saviour. So I am writing down a list in my journal and what a diverse group of people make up my list. Those I have the opportunity to meet with in person from the lady who owns a local vineyard to my new age influenced neighbours who share their produce with me and those I have never met who I can intercede for. I eagerly await the post when you tell us of how Miss Billie accepts Jesus! I am believing for her salvation! God bless you Carrie as you minister to this dear lady!

Shell said...

Sounds like a movie!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Carrie What can I say? I have just read your last two posts on Driving Miss Billie, What a beautiful person you are, and you are so right about living your life in the will of God. You are such a blessing and encouragement to me. I am also so glad that Yo Yo will be fine.
Blessings,
Sue

gail said...

What a lovely post. I do so enjoy visiting with you. Prayers will be said here in Australia for Miss Billie and like Ann we wait to hear when Miss Billie opens her heart to the Lord.

Blessings Gail

Blessings said...

I love hearing about your adventures with Miss Billy.
~~HUGS~~

Miss Jen said...

I will be praying!! :)
Blessings in Jesus~ Miss Jen

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details