Sunday, April 11, 2010

Farming On Faith's Chickens Turn One~













Happy Birthday Girls~
One year ago today at 9:00 PM~ the post office called to tell us our chickens were in and we needed to come pick them up for the office would be closed Sunday. My brother-in-law went to pick up 60 baby chicks. They were the cutest baby chicks you have ever seen. The fun part was trying to tell which baby chicks were the certain kind that we all had ordered. We did good except I ended up with my one brother-in-law's Barred Rocks which is now my Ruby. By the time we were able to tell that Ruby was not ours I was already attached! So~Ruby remained at Farming On Faith and my brother-in-law ended up with a Black Star that was to be mine~he still ribs me about it.
I have to tell you I love my girls. That day I became a Momma Hen. My girls run when I call and follow me around the yard. They truly have become our pets. It has been such a joy and I can't believe we have reached their 1st Birthday. We are celebrating with chocolate chip cookies!

Here is our year in a view~




















































5 comments:

Patty said...

So cute! Time passes so quickly. I hope all went well with Hannah and her friend today. Blessings.

Sue said...

So sweet! We are getting our new batch on Tuesday! Hope they lay eggs for us this time LOL

Happy Lord's Day!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday girls :-) They are all so pretty now. I hope we can have some some day but until then I will just keep reading up on it ;) Have a lovely day Carrie.

Barbara said...

I grew up on a very large farm and chickens were such a part of our daily routine. Thanks for sharing the pictures....it was a wonderful time in my life. They really do become like part of the family!

April said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that the four chicks I got a few days ago are going to be that big one day. Happy Birthday Girls!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details