Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Morning ACT Breakfast

My niece Brooklyn baking up~
My Quiche Recipe
It is early Saturday morning and I am up with a nasty cold~yuck. It is the day of the ACT and My Hannah and her friend~ Hillary~ are going to be served our favorite Quiche, blueberry muffins and fruit. Would you send up a short prayer for the girls as you read this?~they are a bit nervous.
You have a wonderful morning.


1 9-inch pie crust
1 cup cooked meat (use what you like)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1/2 pt. half-and-half
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
Cover pie crust with foil and bake at 4oo degrees for 5 minutes.
Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
Arrange meat and cheese in crust; set aside.
Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over cheese and meat.
Cover edges of pie crust w/ foil.
Bake @ 4oo degrees for 40 minutes, until knife comes out clean.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serves 6.
This is so yummy for any meal!

9 comments:

Patty said...

Such a sweet, sweet picture. Your recipe sounds good. I think I will try this some time this next week. I have said a prayer for Hannah and Hillary.

Have a blessed day, Carrie.

Brenda said...

My prayers are with Hanna and Hillary!

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Good morning Carrie...I am counting my blessings this morning! I loved the verse you left in my comments. Will be praying for your sweet girl and her friend. My Jennifer is also taking the ACT this morning. Take care and feel better soon!

Marydon Ford said...

How sweet ... hope you feel better soon Carrie.

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Barbara said...

That sounds real good, and I did pray for these dear girls in the kitchen, lol Hope your cold does not get too bad, praying for you too. hugs Barbara

Catherine Anne said...

What a sweet post

teachermomof2 said...

That sounds so yummy! Thanks for the sweet post!

Diana said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Come see me.

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
Thought of and said a prayer for your girls today taking that ACT. And ooohhhh that quiche looks so yummy....on my grocery list! You really are a sweet momma...Had church meeting today and tomorrow so missed the outdoors today but got to hear some wonderful teachings from God's word. Hope you got some planting done and enjoyed the sunshine...let us hear about it. AND hope you feel better! Colds...yuck!!! Get plenty of rest!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details