Thursday, April 22, 2010

There's A Sweet~Sweet Bird Singing In My Heart~




Psalm 40:3

3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

I just walked out and fed my chickens and let them out for the day. They are always so eager to start their day. They fly out the door and I have to duck or they mess up my hair~no kidding. They are happy to see me because I bring food. They bwok at me and we talk for awhile. I love my girls. This morning I stopped in my tracks and listened to all the birds singing their three part harmony around our land . It made me smile.


There's a sweet, sweet bird singing in my heart
singing such a happy little song.
There's a sweet, sweet bird singing in my heart,
singing such a happy little song.
The whole world round is way down in the dumps,
way down in the dumps~
Hi HO Cheerio ~
there's a sweet,sweet bird singing in my heart
singing such a happy little song.

I learned this song as a little girl in Sunday School. I have sang it to my children when they lost their song. I sing it to my kindergarten students in Sunday School and Homeschool Classes. It is a bit vintage~te he~ but I am beginning to be vintage myself. Last night in church ~during our weekly soul winning charge it was used to remind us how to find our song again. Have you lost your song? Have you ever started out the day with your song?~But how quickly it disappeared with an unkind word from someone you love. Sometimes you lose your song because life just just plain hard. Sometimes you lose your song because of disappointments.

Let's face it life has it's wonderful times and moments that take our breathe away. Yet~sometimes it seems like we are mice on a wheel doing the same thing over and over everyday. We all face trials everyday. I sometimes think would it matter to anyone if I were not here doing the same thing day after day? I hate pity parties and this is not one~I have told my children time and time again, "Pity parties are a waste of time." Nothing is helped by feeling sorry for ourselves!

So what is a girl to do when she has lost her song? If you want to find your song you have to go back to where you lost it. Only a personal walk with God can fill our hearts with a song. Pick up you Bible and read it until God softens your heart and speaks to you. Close your bedroom door and get on your knees. Pour out your heart to the Heavenly Father. Confess any sin that might be quieting your song and ask God to give you a song once again. If you have lost your song it is because you gave it away.

I am choosing to sing today~how about you?




12 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh yes indeed Carrie, I am singing, for the joy of the lord is my strength, and he fills my mouth with laughter, amen, I love singing and my heart if full and I cannot keep it to myself, Praise the Lord, for he is worthy..
Hugs Barbara

Down On The Farm said...

Amen to that. Yes, God wants us to praise Him no matter what. He is on the throne no matter what our day looks like. No matter our joys and cares. He is worthy because He sent His Son for us. That alone is reason to sing. Thank you for the reminder! Have a wonderful day!

Patty said...

Sing ~ yes. I can remember one day when my youngest son told our middle son that I was down in the dumps. My middle son's response went something like this ~ "You better get out, it stinks in there." Sometimes the child teaches the parent.

jamjar said...

Choosing to sing...I like that! Thanks

Sue said...

Carrie, I was singing that song just yesterday! So funny.

Love the picture of the cardinal. We are being swarmed by them right now and they are just beautiful. I love when they sit on the dark green grass. So pretty :)

A Gardner's Cottage said...

My heart is praising God, for He alone is worthy.
My mouth just can't stop praising God with a joyful noise ;)

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

The vintage song I often sing as I go about my day is 'Climb climb up sunshine mountain'! I love the line 'Turn turn your back on doubting look into the sky' It's funny how an old song remains in our hearts to remind us of God's providence. All the birds have come into my garden from the forest to feast on the flowering native shrubs, yesterday there were all kinds of honeyeaters and rainbow lorikeets just outside my window. A delight for the senses as I wash my dishes at the sink. I managed to get a photo and will post it on my blog soon. I also love that Jesus uses birds as an illustration of God's loving devotion towards us!

Julze said...

I love to sing praises to my Lord ...Great is Thy Faithfulness! Hallelujah...thanks for putting song in MY heart (((hugs)))

MyJourneyBack said...

This was beautiful I needed it. I am having a hard time right now keeping my song and staying joyful. Thanks for the minded. I know in my head God is good but my heart needed the reminded.
Thanks for sharing this.
Have a Blessed Friday,
Hugs,
Sherry

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Yes, I choose to sing, even when my heart doesn't feel like when I sing, my heart quickly begins to feel better.

My father once told me that the birds are singing to God and when we hear them in the morning, they are reminding us to sing our praises to God and when we hear them at night, they are again reminding us to sing our praises to God.

Beautiful!

April said...

Thank you for the sweet blog this morning. God can make our hearts sing if we just open it up to him and let him pick the song. Love your new banner, very pretty.

Eden said...

The photo of the cardinal is so beautiful, Carrie. Thank you for sharing! Hope you are having a blessed weekend!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details