Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What The Other Chick Has~




I went out to the chicken coop to find a knock down~ drag out fight between these two girls. This is Layla and Ruby my cast of characters in today's post. We have four nesting boxes in our coop. This morning both girls wanted to lay their eggs in the same nesting box at the same time. There was no reasoning with either one of them. They were squawking and pecking at each other. The worst part was both of them trying to fit their rather plump little beings in the same box while trying to make a whole in the straw to lay their egg. It was a sight to see. Neither one would leave so I left them both fighting with one another and I came back later to find they indeed did squeeze in there together to lay their eggs. If I were a chicken I would have rather had my very own spacious nesting box where I could relax~right next door.

You know the funny thing is we can be just like those greedy chickens wanting what another has. I once had a friend who was so upset with me for moving into a bigger house she would not speak to me for a year. I didn't even know what I had done.

Let's not be like Layla and Ruby. We need to rejoice and be happy for those who are getting blessed. We need to be happy and thankful for the man we share our life with, with the provision he provides, with the children God has given us and with the home in which we have been blessed to share with those we love. Let's rejoice with those who rejoice~weep with those who weep ~and for Heaven's sake let's not covet what the other chick has!

Proverbs 14:30 (King James Version)

30A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

Proverbs 27:4 (King James Version)

4Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?






7 comments:

Parsley said...

Perfect story to get a good point across.

Brenda said...

Very good lesson. Have you considered writing a book of devotions? I'm serious. Your words have much wisdom and a clear lesson.

jamjar said...

Great story. Wish I could say I haven't every been one of those chickens...alas, I can't say that. I've found confession to work the best for me when I'm beginning to feel that green monster ie: "God, I don't want to be jealous" right out loud! Thanks for today's parable from the coop!

Patty said...

I think maybe God has blessed you with chickens for more than just their eggs. What great life lessons you have been able to share along with your farm chick stories. I am enjoying the characters in your stories and such good reminders for us. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Tanya said...

How true...how true...and if we are all honest, we more than likely would say we have felt the human sting of jealously and the want of what others have. God certainly understands that because he teaches us about it. I think with age and wisdom and the reading of the word it gets better and easier. I think right now in the stage I'm in...I can hardly keep up with what I have so why take on more? HA! Carrie, thanks for sharing your words of wisdom....and did Layla and Ruby make up???????

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Well said. We have all been there at one time or another. I am so thankful God's mercies are new each morning. If they weren't I would be up a creek with no paddle (as my dad use to say).

Melissa A said...

This is so very true Carrie, thanks for the reminder!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details