Wednesday, May 26, 2010

10 Ways To Use Your Time Wisely








Does Your Heart Need A Rest?

 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.


Psalm 90:12 


Do you think God is concerned about time management? Did you know He mentions time in the Bible over 4oo times?  I think that I can safely say time is of great importance to God. Time is a precious gift. 

As you all know I tend to be a MARTHA~always busy with too many things. 

One of the most valuable investments with our time we can make is spending time is solitude. An African proverb reads~ " Lord Jesus make my heart sit down." As a Christian~ profitable solitude is taking time to "sit down at Jesus feet." It is at these quiet and still moments that God speaks to us and we can gain strength for the journey that lies ahead. He will give us the wisdom we need for our lives. We are just foolish when we neglect to get His wisdom when He freely hands it out to. us. 

We  need to take a few minutes this morning and give our heart a rest~ 
   ************************************************************************



10 Ways To Use Your Time Wisely

1. Evaluate How You're Spending Time
  • Keep a time log for 5 days~My Christian Womanhood Teacher at College taught me this concept.
  • What are my time wasters?
  • Am I spending to much time on unimportant things?
  • Do I have any time for rest or fun? ~this is my biggest problem. All work and no play leaves one unhappy Momma~!
2. Set some goals
  • If you feel like your are working hard but getting nowhere~take some planning time. 
  • Make some plans.
3. Be Willing To Let Things Go For Life's Interruptions
  • People are more important than things~ drop everything to be used by God!
4. Learn To Say NO!!!!
  • Let the good things go to do the best things in life. 
5. Eliminate The Unimportant
  • Remove things from your to-do list that will not matter for eternity.
  • Remove time wasters.
  • Learn to delegate~ Mommas have a hard time with this one!
6. Develop Decision Making Skills
  • Don't be afraid of conflict ~sometimes this brings it.
  • Study your errors and don't repeat them.
7. Do The Tough Jobs During Your Best Time Of The Day
  •  Everyone is unique ~know your best time of the day and take advantage of it. I happen to be a morning person. My energy and mind become foggy in the evening. So I run with the wind in the morning. 
8. Plan The Work And Work The Plan~ (this is my life saver)
  • Set a time aside once a week to make a plan. When I get to busy I fail to do this~ everything gets out of timing!
  • Make a daily to-do list, a weekly to-do list and a monthly to-do list. Then when it is on paper let it go and just do the nest thing on the list. This will save your sanity!
9. Prioritize
  • Develop the ability to see what task are most important at any given time~ spend your attention and energy on those.
  • Set your deadlines and pencil them in a datebook.
  • Keep a datebook!
10. Reward Yourself~ 
  • Celebrate the accomplishments of your goals~even the baby ones.  Enjoy a special night out or a trip to one of your favorite place.
  • The biggest reward will be decreased frustration with chaos and a sense of accomplishment when you begin to feel that you are using your time  wisely.



Only one life~so soon it will pass. Only what's done for Christ will last!


Ephesians 5:15-17 


 15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
 16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Great advice, Carrie!
Have a blessed day,
Laura

Down On The Farm said...

Wonderful words this morning. I too have a problem saying no. A problem trying to get WAY too much done in too short a time. And sometimes my time with the Lord suffers. Just being honest. But I need to remember that God deserves our best, and my best isn't when I'm tired and worn out. I am doing just what you suggested, taking a look at my life and seeing what I need to focus on, and what I can eliminate, or at least reduce. Have a beautiful day Carrie! Your words are always so inspiring. Thank you!

Molly @ Star Cottage said...

Your blog is always so uplifting ;)
Excelent reminders and valued advice. I am definitely in need of some one on one time with Jesus. And some ajusting of my priorities, this week has been so hectic and it's only halfway through.
God Bless,
Molly

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Green Acres in the City said...

Wonderful advice! Thanks!

Diana said...

Great post!! Have a great Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is like my morning coffee! Over the months when I felt as though I just couldn't make it one more day, your words, faith amd encouragement moved me, when I could not move myself. Thank you so much Carrie!

Kim in Ky

Marydon Ford said...

Another beautiful write, Carrie ... sage words of advice ... you are so uplifting.

Have a lovely weekend holiday.
TTFN Hugs, Marydon

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh Carrie this was great. I loved your photo's and the verses you used. You always share some great thoughts. Thanks and I pray your Thursday is Blessed.
Hugs,
Sherry

Stacey said...

Such wonderful lessons, Carrie. Learning to say no is tough but such a relief. Now about wasting time, I think blogging has become a problem for me. :)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details