Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fast Food At Home~ Big Mac Copy Cat Recipe


Sometimes I just get hungry for a Big Mac. So tonight we are having homemade Big Macs and French Fries for supper.

Homemade Big Mac Copy Cat  Recipe~

Recipe from Recipe Lion~
  • 1 plain hamburger bun
  • 1/3 pound ground beef
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 tablespoon Kraft Thousand Island dressing
  • 1 tomato slice
  • 1 large lettuce leaf
  • 4 slices American cheese
  • 1 whole onion slice (sliced thin)

  1. Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
     
  2. Lightly toast both halves of the hamburger bun, face down in the pan. Set aside.
     
  3. Separate the beef into two even portions, and form each half into a thin patty slightly larger than the bun.
     
  4. Lightly salt each patty and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side.
     
  5. Flip the patties over and immediately place two slices of cheese on each one. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
     
  6. Assemble the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up:  Bottom bun, dressing, tomato, lettuce, beef patty with cheese, onion slice, beef patty with cheese, top bun.



 Copy Cat Big Mac Sauce~

1 c. Miracle Whip
1/3 c. creamy style French dressing
1/4 c. sweet pickle relish
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried minced onion
1/4 tsp. pepper


Blend well with fork and refrigerate overnight. Use on hamburgers. To build a big mac use: 2 all beef patties, sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun.


8 comments:

mommyx12 said...

I'm starving right now and this looks so good!

terry said...

Your so right every once in a while a Big Mac or Jack in the Box Tacos! I am going to try this. btw I loved the previous post. Thanks for the reminder! There is always opportunity for Joy in the morning! Thanks for sharing that and thanks for the recipe!
Have a great Wednesday.
Sherry

MyJourneyBack said...

First let me say I am on Cowboys computer and I hate it! Grrr. I wrote a great comment and it is gone! I would love to try the recipe sounds great. Every once in a while a big Mac just sounds great! And, Jack in the box tacos! BTW I loved the Joy in the morning post! Thanks so much for that reminder. We should always remember God is in control. I really needed the reminder. For so long I have been so whiney and worried about stuff. I really needed that nudge. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Wed.
Love,
Sherry

Beautifully Veiled said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! My biggest craving my last pregnancy! Thanks for the post!!
Linda in GA

Marydon Ford said...

This will be fun to try as I refuse to eat ANYTHING from McD's, since 1962. TYSM for sharing, Carrie.

Have a great week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Camille said...

Fun times! What a great post Carrie! I remember that song ~ "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun"...I can still hear it in my head! :)

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Camille

Laura said...

Mornin' Carrie,
Oh, my, don't know if I'll let my boys see this post...they'll want this for lunch!
Have a blessed day!
Laura

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

That sounds terrific.
We don't have miracle whip here in Australia,That I know of,I wonder what a Substitie would be?

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details