Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Like Dear Old Mom"~2010 Mother~Daughter Banquet





~The Menu~
 Smoked Roast Beef
Mashed Potatoes
Spiced Carrots
Green Beans
Corn
Dinner Rolls
Homemade Pie
Peach Tea

Each year our sweet lady that has organized this Banquet for the past 25 years~ picks a theme. Usually months and months in advance. She then prays about a speaker. This year our speaker was Mrs. Grace Hardy ~from Oklahoma  Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City. She is a beautifully seasoned Titus woman. I so enjoyed listening to her speak. She spoke on how our daughters will grow up to act just like their Mom. Her devotion was taken from Titus. 

The decorating theme was a kitchen~ vintage look that you remember seeing in Grandma's kitchen. It was great fun to decorate. I love vintage and I love aprons. Aprons were worn, used as decoration and handed out as door prizes.  My Hannah won a new apron but decided to keep it for her hope chest.






My Sister and her girls~



My Sister~My Best Friend













My Sister In-Love and My Niece


My Grandma Mary's Carrot Cake Recipe was used for the cake I made for the Cake Walk.
Tickets were won as door prizes to get in the Cake Walk.
The  Homemade Cakes Made For The Cake Walk

My Table










Several ladies decorate and hostess a table. It spreads the work around and our ladies do such a great job.
I so enjoy seeing all the ideas. As a hostess you bring the table settings, silverware, napkins and a favor or goodies that you might want to put on your table. You also hostess your table~ filling drinks and coffee for the ladies who sit at your table. Most items on my table belonged to my Grandmother.


My Sister's Table
My Mother's Table




























Hannah and Hillary have attended all the Mother ~Daughter Banquets since they were just walking~  this picture will be added to the others. It is fun to go back and look at them from year to year. They both just graduated from high school. My how fast the time has gone. I love you girls~

A Cookbook was handed out to each lady that attended. It featured recipes from our church ladies.

It was a day to remember. We have had many of those lately~
I am about to take a sabbatical!


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at our Mother~Daughter Banquet.
Have a wonderful Lord's Day~

18 comments:

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Carrie, I loved every photo of your Mother-daughter banquet. It looks like so much fun you all had. I adore the vintage look,as well as farm style. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Patty said...

Looks likes so much fun and adds to the memories. Hope you have a blessed day.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

You know how I just love to set a table Carrie and this is the kind of event that I would love to attend or even organize one day - when I am not so busy with a little baby! Love the vintage theme and the idea of hostess tables - that is going into my ideas file. I have done this with Christmas table demonstrations changing the table decorations for different styles to show what is possible with a basic white table setting. Years ago, I ran a homemaking ministry called 'Inspire' and we featured a segment on a different room in the house each month. We even did the Master bedroom and hauled a bed into the church - we had lots of different quilts and accessories and ladies were invited up to come and change the decor theme in a set time. It was a lot of fun! The next month we met in a bathroom for part of the session! A big beautiful bathroom of a lovely home. The theme was 'Beauty in the Bathroom' - we invited the girls from the local pharmacy along and they set up a perfume table and spoke to us about choosing perfume and of course we all went home smelling lovely! They even brought us little gift bags of make up and samples. We always had a speaker or a devotion related to the theme. The great thing about these meetings is that they attracted lots of women from our community who otherwise would not come to a Christian event and it was an opportunity to reach out to them and befriend them.

Sue said...

What a sweet event! I love the Titus theme. Oh how I pray more women dive into that precious chapter and reclaim it for their lives!

Blessings!

Susan said...

What a fun occasion and wonderful idea! I wish every mother and daughter could have opportunities and experiences like these. Thank you for sharing this! :)

BECKY said...

What a lovely banquet! And the pic of you and your daughter is precious! Our church has a tea every spring at Mother's Day and for several years I did a table. It was a lot of fun! All the tables looked so amazing, and we always had a good speaker, too.

So glad yours was a blessing! What fun to have your sis there too!! A double blessing!

Have a joyful week!
HUGS,
Becky

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
What a wonderful post today...such fun and what a great memory! How fun to have your mom, sister, daughter and nieces all together for a lovely day. Your table was so beautiful!! And I loved the cute idea of the aprons. Thanks for sharing your special day...the photos were gorgeous..the ladies in your family are so beautiful!!
Have a great Monday...REST and start that sabbatical NOW!! :0)

Regan Family Farm said...

Hi Carrie~
So good to spend time catching up on your life these past few days! God is good, and how fun that your sister is close enough to be involved in the events with you. I love that you are best friends (my sisters and I are best friends, too)
blessings,
kathy

Crystal said...

Oh...I wish I could have been there with my crew. You all look so beautiful and I love and miss you all so much. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

~Crystal

Michelle said...

Wasn't sure how else to get you the message so I'm posting a comment on your most recent post. I've given you the Sunshine Award. Come over to my blog to receive it. God Bless!

Kristie said...

What a wonderful tradition! I love all your pic's and all the tables were just darling! Thank you for sharing Carrie!

regina said...

Carrie, My favorite part is that so many family members were with you. I have no family close by. My sisters, brother, mom and dad all live 1000 miles away and now all of our kiddos have moved on. I do miss them all and would love to spend an afternoon with them at a beautiful Mother-Daughter banquet like this!
Regina

Barbara said...

Oh thanks for sharing Carrie, it was wonderful, our MD banquet was much the same, our theme was vintage, tea cups, aprons, and etc, nice, and such good photo too, God bless you sister as you serve our Lord where you are. Hugs Barbara

HOPE said...

How cute! I so enjoyed the pics Carrie. I do our yearly Spring Ladies Luncheon and coming up with a new theme is such fun and a surprise to our ladies. This theme was in my thoughts last year...but turned out to be a County Fair Happy Homemaker theme...I still would like to do a vintage kitchen.

How sweet to have your own sister as your Best Friend! Love the photo of you both.

HOPE

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What absolutely beautiful pictures! I love your table. I would know it was your table out of all the other tables any day! The pictures of your daughter and then your sister are beautiful!

Seems like you had a great time!

The Watts Family said...

Wow what wonderful memories and pictures ~Thanks for sharing I enjoyed seeing all the pictures you and your daughter are so cute! You have such a pretty youthful face and glow!! ~Blessings Love Heather

Lynn said...

Oh that was fun! IT was like I was there as I went through your photos! Amazingly beautiful and fun! Truly. Thanks for sharing. And what inspiring ideas for sure. Love it.

Cheyenne said...

Oh my! I absolutely LOVED looking at these pictures. What a unique idea. This would be fantastic to attend something like this.

Thanks for sharing!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details