Thursday, June 3, 2010

Amish Monster Cookies~Summer Cookie


 I am cleaning~shopping~meal planning and baking. Just in case you did not know ~My kids from Washington are coming home. I just can't wait to see BOSTON!!!( I bought toys~ A Grammy must have toys! )
 These cookies are to die for. A word of caution! I double all cookie recipes~DO NOT DOUBLE THIS. You will be baking until the cows come home! You must try them. I doubled it ~ making 11 dozen large cookies. I froze them ~of course!

Ingredients~

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 1/2 cups oatmeal
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup m&m's 

Directions~


  1. Cream butter with sugars.
  2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. Add peanut butter and mix until combined.
  4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
  5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets...or lined with parchment paper.
  6. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes...do not over bake. I take them out while they are a little doughy!
  7. Wait for several minutes before removing from pans.




I collect Amish Cookbooks and they are the best~! The Amish use simple ingredients from your pantry. With a well stocked pantry you can whip up millions of recipes! This is on my wish list for my next cookbook!







5 comments:

Barbara said...

Those look really good Carrie, I too have an Amish cookbook and love it, have a great day, and God bless you real good.
Hugs and blessings Barbara

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Enjoy having Your grandbaby to spoil and enjoy!
I bet he'll love playing with the toys!
Cookies look very yummmm

Anonymous said...

Sound great...but is there no flour in the recipe?

April said...

I just found your blog, and love it! So I am going through your archives and I have to tell you that I have the book that is on your wish list, and I love it! It is one that is worth the money. :) Merry Christmas!

Abigail (Hancock) Heaton said...

just tried theses...very yummy :) I also added cashew nuts because I had them around...Thanks

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details