Friday, June 4, 2010

Are You Always Expecting The WORSE? Part 1

The Hydrangeas are blooming!


In response to the overwhelming emails on yesterday's devotion I have decided to start a little series on what helped me overcome the spirit of fear in my life. I hope you will check in for the next week~ as I write a  series on this very subject of FEAR. Fear leads us to pessimism.

Defined by Mr Webster~ pessimism means  an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome.  Do you tend to to emphasize the positive aspects or the negative aspects of our life?  Do you expect the good or the bad?

It is our human nature to look at the negative side of things. Not only that but we have an enemy that wants to rob us of our joy. If he can get us to emphasize on the adverse aspects, conditions and possibilities we could possibly have in our lives~ we will lose our joy! In turn~become pessimistic! Oh there is just no need to live in this state of being. God has a better plan for our lives. Don't be a victim of Satan. It is a lie and we can have victory!

Yesterday ~I shared with you where my fear began. I had many of you share that you had the same experience in your life. As I began to grow into a young woman I started looking at every situation through the eyes of a scared child~I expected the sky to fall. You know just like "Chicken Little" in the children's story. Why?~ because I had seen my world come to an end on several occasions. 

The Scriptures give us many examples of the Spirit of Fear and the Spirit of Pessimism. May our study help us change our attitude and entire life perspective causing us to see things as God sees them. In turn giving us victory and joy!
Psalm 116:10-11 (King James Version)



 10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
 11I said in my haste, All men are liars.

Here we find the great King David tired, weary and worn. He was overcome with a bad attitude. He had been under some long lasting afflictions. As we all know this can happen to the best of men and women. Somewhere in our "christian thinking" we get this notion that if we do right ~ as right as we humanly speaking can~ that everything will turn out white lace and promises. Can I tell you?~ It is just not so! God will take the bad and use it for our good. BUT~ bad things do happen to good people. The rain falls on the just and the unjust just the same.

Here we see David in a state of fear, confusion and amazement ~speaking harsh about his friends and all mankind.  He states~ "All men are liars."  He was saying they are false, counterfeits, unrealistic, deceitful, and untrustworthy. Why? Because in his time of need ~those he thought would stand by him did not. They abandoned him. Those that had been there once had not been there in his time of trouble.

This is where my fear began~it started very early. I learned very early in life I could not trust my father. I loved him but I could not trust Him. It seemed as though the demon in the bottle robbed him of everything he could have been. I could not trust that he would keep me safe~or that he would even come home for that matter.  I decided early in life that I could not trust all men. Just like David states here. 

Can I ask you now?  Who has told David this?  All men are not liars~ that is a lie from the pits of Hell! 

God had a plan for my life. At the age of 5~ I started riding a church bus to a little red brick church. Satan wanted my life ~but God had a greater plan. 

These are two verses that God gave me as a little girl. I still hold them deep in my heart today. As I leave you today ~ I want you to know there were many more situations that deepened my spirit of fear. But today I can tell you ~ I have found victory over my fear. I also want to  tell you I have made peace with my father and love him very much. He could not give what he did not have to give. Life is hard but God is good~all the time~!
Psalm 27:10 (King James Version)



 10When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Isaiah 41:10 (King James Version)


10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow~ I am off to drive Miss Billie. You have a wonderful day. 

Three more days until Boston comes!

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Carrie! Glad you visited my blog. I may have been in the middle of some changes last night so come visit again! Thanks for sharing your testimony I know you are helping many! God bless you. Oh yeah. Loved your playlist and chose some of your songs. Hope you don't mind.

Down On The Farm said...

What an awesome post. I too have dealt with fear. It can be consuming. My mother, a very Godly woman, has lived with fear all of her life, and she passed that fear onto me. I was raised to fear EVERYTHING. Thank GOD that through Him, I have overcome. Oh, of course sometimes that old devil comes around and lies to me and I can feel that fear creeping back in. But Praise God I rebuke the enemy in the name of Jesus AND HE FLEES! Can't WAIT for part 2.

Carmen C. said...

So glad I found your blog, I desperately need to let go of fear! Alot of mine comes from a bad childhood, but now it is taking me over again as my only child joined the Army and will leave for basic training in 3 weeks:( I'll be sure to check all of these posts, thank you for sharing them!

Barbara said...

Great post, and so needed in these times, when so many are so fearful of what tomorrow may bring, like the old song says, I may not know what tomorow may bring, but I sure know who holds tomorrow in his hands, casting all your care upon him for he careth for you, amen that mean your fear too, it is a growing process, each step we take, we can trust our Saviour a little more, God bless you Carrie, I love this study, it is so needed dear. Lots of hugs Barbara

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Carrie, I so appreciate your devotion; and I'll be back every day to see what more you can share. You are truly blessed to be able to teach; I get so many encouragements from your devotions. Thank you so very much. Love to you, friend.

Camille said...

You are a sweetheart Carrie! Such a blessing that you are writing such things and pointing people to the LORD...the ONLY ONE Who can deliver us from this body of death. How precious that the WORD of GOD is available to us...might we cherish it and hide it in our hearts and live by it day by day.

In His Love,
Camille

P.S. I am sure you will have a FABULOUS time with your little Boston! :)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details