Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are You Ready For The Cure To Fear? Fear Series Part 5

It is my desire that my battle with paralyzing fear will encourage you today.
This is a long post but if you struggle with fear ~please take the time to read it .
You can click on the side for the complete series on my journey to get victory over fear.

2 Timothy 1:7 


 7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Just yesterday I read a devotion about fear~perfect timing. Before I took my two week vacation with My Boston I had started a series on fear. Why? I shared with you how fear had once controlled my life and I had more emails than I could count with ladies who at this time are where I once was. Fear is a horrible thing to live with~we can have victory over fear.

In the devotion I read yesterday the writer explained how we have settings on our washing machine. We change the setting for each load of laundry. There are some things that need to be washed vigorously~like all the clothes My Men just brought home from their camping trip~yuk! Yet somethings need gentle washing~they need the hand wash setting. I have a new HE washer~it has wonderful settings.
When life crisis comes, we generally have an automatic setting of fear and anxiety.

The good news is that we can change the setting to "peace" instead by counting on God. Today is the day to change the setting~My Friend!

My Pastor had a message Sunday Night on this very issue~He had some very helpful insights that I am going to share with you.

Here is the Biblical cure to fear!


Psalm 27

 1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
 2When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
 3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
 4One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
 5For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
 6And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
 7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
 8When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
 9Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
 10When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
 11Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
 12Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
 13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 32:8 (King James Version)


 8I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.



In this passage David is being attacked~his enemies and foes are coming after him from every side. We sometimes we feel attacked from our enemies but sometimes we can even feel attacked and wounded from those in our very own family. But David said ~"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"


Almost all people have some fear. It does not matter the cause of the fear or what the fear is~these days in themselves can be a bit troubling.

*David was sure of his salvation~he had accepted Jesus Christ and his blood sacrifice to save his soul. He knew he was saved. Has there been a time when you accepted Jesus and asked Him to be the Lord of your life? If not~stop! Click here to know how to be saved.  One reason people crash when trials come is that they do not have the assurance of salvation. Settle it!!!  Until you have accepted Christ as your Saviour you will not have victory over fear. For it is God that cast out all fear and gives perfect peace!


* David was sure of his safety~ He had seen God be God before in his life. After all he fought his battle with Goliath, a lion and a bear. He had seen God work before in his life. Just like David we need to look back at all the times God made himself real in our lives~the times He carried us through.


Isaiah 54:17 (King James Version)


 17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

No matter what our circumstances look like at this moment~God knows. He can be trusted and we don't have to be afraid. We battle stress everyday but God is faithful. We can count on Him to be with us every step of the way. Worry is a trust issue stemming from our desire to be in control. When we play God it will always result in worry and anxiety. God does not need our help. We keep trying to fix tomorrow's problems with today's resources. God gives grace in daily doses that are always enough and right on time. I heard a Bible teacher yesterday say, " God is always right on time. He may miss many wonderful opportunities to be early~but He is always on time."  LOL


Isaiah 43:2 (King James Version)


 2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.


*David knew who his Sovereign Authority was~ he was willing to follow and obey God no matter what. When God spoke, David obeyed. He obeyed without any questions. We will find out what God wants us to do about the problems in our lives if we just submit to God in the small things. The answer will come in God's timing. No matter how scary the situation may seem ~the answer will come. We don't have to live in fear when God is holding our hand. When trials, tribulations and attacks come~WE MUST GO TO OUR BIBLE. Life can spin out of control in a whirlwind of confusion and doubt. God offers direction and guidance through His Word, through His people and through the Holy Spirit.


Psalm 32:8 (King James Version)


 8I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.


At the end of Psalm 27~we clearly see that David just waits on the Lord. Waiting is contrary to the desires of our flesh. We want to fix all that is broken right now~but we must remember we are not God. Our flesh says do something now~but it is always best to let God be God and wait until He shows up to handle the situation. Wait on the Lord!


Psalm 123:2 (King James Version)


 2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.


If we do not not have the answer now then we must not need an answer now! Wait on the Lord ~be courageous. Sometimes we just have to have courage to wait. Nothing that happens to us will ever surprise God. God is at work all around us, meeting needs we are not even aware of. Even as we pray, God's answer is on the way.

God will fight for us when we are attacked. When we yield control to God and follow Him, God fights for us but when we pursue our agenda, we step out from under His umbrella of protection and into our own limited strength.


Exodus 14:13 (King James Version)


 13And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.


Many of us have good reason to be fearful. Why? Because we are sitting in the control seat of our life, trying to maneuver around every obstruction we face. Stress thrives in an atmosphere of fear and doubt when our hand is on the steering wheel of life. We need to move over, surrender to God, wait on God to show up and let Him be God. When we totally surrender to God we will find peace waiting in His hand.

Remember God is not at the end of the this tunnel of life~He is in the tunnel with us. He is holding our hand in the dark days, He is holding us by the hand when we are not sure what lies around the corner and He is guiding us with His all~ seeing eye. I have found victory over fear in my life by totally trusting God no matter what He may allow in my life. He loves me and I can trust Him.

I will leave you with my life verse~ this is the verse God gave me as a child. It is and will always be of great value to me.


Isaiah 41:10 (King James Version)


 10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.








Blessings~




6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm glad I made the trek to civilization and the internet today because I have had many sleepless nights in my new home in the middle of the woods in the country with the nearest neighbors 1/10th of a mile away. I can't get over my fears of who could be lurking in those woods. I know it sounds silly but I surely needed this post today! Thank you Carrie!

Carmen C. said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this:)

MJFirstWildCard said...

Such great verses!

- Margaret
www.CreativeMadnessMama.com

Chrissy said...

I struggled with fear after I found out I had a heart condition at 18 years old. It was so bad it caused me anxiety attacks and migraine headaches. I would stay in my room in the dark alot. Crowds scared me. I don't know how many times I would have to get up out of church because I would start to get anxiety. When my husband would go out of town I would fear for my safety. God led me to Psalm 91. That is my verse. It was when I realized no matter what happens to me my salvation is secure. What can man do to me? And that He knows my every thought and move. I don't know how people live wihtout the Lord. His peace is like no other. It even breaks a spirit of fear! Praise God for delivering us. And Praise God for those who will be delivered through your testimony.

Mrs Freida said...

The Lord is so Good. I am a pastor's wife and we recently had some people in our church that sewed dicord among the brethern. This was dealt with in a very kind way by my husband but I am afraid was not returned the kindness. Today I met one of them face to face while shopping. I was fearful of this time which I knew was coming. The Lord was good and gave me the grace I needed when I needed it. All that fear and worry for nothing. Thank you for your encouragement to others and to me.

Trace4J said...

Thank you dear sister!! Another wonderful post that seems is written just for me. God is Good!!
Hugs Granny Trace'

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details