Monday, June 28, 2010

Making Money By Saving Money ~ The Best Time To Buy

Did you know in the latest poll that the average household is spending $225 a week for groceries? That is crazy~this doesn't include the toiletries, cleaning and pet cost!


I will be teaching a couple classes the next couple of weeks at the YWCA. The classes will be Tuesday, July 6th and Tuesday, July 13th.  If you are interested you can call the YWCA to sign up.

I am busy working away on the plan. You know my saying~ "Plan the work and work the plan." I am going share my money saving tips. We all can do better.

" A penny saved is a penny earned."

I will be sharing bits ands pieces with you here on my blog!

If you have tried clipping coupons before and did not find it profitable ~let me tell you it is a new day! Forget pennies off of the newest toothpaste. Coupons today can save you big money from everything to basics, from make-up, personal items, to beef and beans.  Super stores like Walmart and K-Mart are getting on board. My favorite happen to be CVS and Walgreens. Over the next couple weeks I will be sharing the secrets to using coupons and stocking your pantry to save you money.  If you really work at it you can make money by using coupons.  

Stay tuned for step by step instructions over the next couple weeks.




The Best Time To Buy Everything

January
Food: 
Chocolate (Christmas clearance) 
Soda 
Diet foods 
Frozen finger foods
Non-food: 
Linens 
Electronics 
Cameras 
Computers 
Small appliances 
Air conditioners 
Carpeting and flooring 
Furniture 
Winter clothes 
Toys (on clearance after the holidays) 
Bicycles 
Christmas gift wrap 
Christmas decorations 
Athletic shoes 
Exercise equipment 
Motorcycles 
Houses 
Boats 
Motorcycles 
Anything from thrift stores

February
Food: 
Chocolate (post Valentine’s Day) 
Steak (post Valentine’s Day) 
Seafood (post Valentine’s Day) 
Oatmeal
Non-food: 
Big screen TVs (before the Super Bowl) 
Cameras 
Motorcycles 
Boats 
Air conditioners 
Tools 
recliners
March
Food: 
Frozen foods
Non-food: 
Boats
April
Food: 
Candy (Easter clearance) 
Eggs 
Ham 
Cheese 
Mustard 
Ready-made dough 
Dinner rolls 
Frozen pies 
Cake mix 
Cake frosting 
Pie crusts
Non-Food: 
Electronics 
Vacuums 
Cookware 
Tires and other car care supplies
May
Food: 
Hotdogs 
Ground beef 
Hamburger and hot dog buns 
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, barbeque sauce, relish) 
Salad dressing 
Chips 
Ice cream 
Popsicles 
Frozen pies 
Soda 
Bottled water
Non-food: 
Party supplies (disposable plates, cups, napkins and utensils) 
Grill supplies (charcoal, lighter fluid) 
Vacuums 
Cookware
June
Food: 
Ice cream 
Popsicles 
Soda 
Bottled water 
Iced tea mix and bags
Non-food: 
Tools (around Father’s Day)
July
Food: 
Hot dogs 
Ground beef 
Hamburger and hot dog buns 
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, barbeque sauce, relish) 
Salad dressing 
Chips 
Ice cream 
Popsicles 
Soda 
Bottled water 
Iced tea mix and bags
Non-food: 
Grill supplies (charcoal, lighter fluid) 
Party supplies (disposable plates, cups, napkins and utensils) 
Furniture
August
Food: 
Cereal 
Breakfast bars 
Peanut butter 
Jelly 
Lunch meat 
American cheese 
Yogurt 
Chips 
Snack cakes 
Cookies 
Ice cream 
Soda 
Bottled water 
Iced tea mix and bags 
Drink boxes
Non-food: 
Pool supplies 
Outdoor toys 
Outdoor furniture 
Bathing suits 
Summer clothes 
Summer shoes
September
Food: 
Cereal 
Breakfast bars 
Peanut butter 
Jelly 
Lunch meat 
American cheese 
Yogurt 
Chips 
Snack cakes 
Cookies 
Hot dogs 
Ground beef 
Hamburger and hot dog buns 
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, barbeque sauce, relish) 
Salad dressing 
Canned fruits and vegetables 
Soups 
Broth 
Frozen pies 
Soda 
Drink boxes
Non-food: 
Grill supplies (charcoal, lighter fluid) 
Party supplies (disposable plates, cups, napkins and utensils) 
School supplies 
Large appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers) 
Cars 
Lawn mowers 
Grills 
Trees, shrubs and bulbs
October
Food: 
Canned fruits and vegetables 
Dried fruits (raisins, apricots, cranberries) 
Soups 
Broth
Non-food: 
Large appliances 
Lawn mowers 
Grills 
Tires and other car care supplies 
Jeans 
Trees, shrubs and bulbs
November
Food: 
Turkey 
Butter 
Cheese 
Baking supplies (flour, sugar, yeast chocolate chips, baker’s chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, cooking oil) 
Pie crusts 
Ready-made dough 
Dinner rolls 
Frozen pies 
Cake mix 
Cake frosting 
Pie filling 
Spices 
Nuts 
Dried fruits (raisins, apricots, cranberries) 
Oatmeal 
Candy (Halloween clearance) 
Marshmallows 
Soup 
Broth
Non-food: 
Aluminum foil 
Plastic wrap 
Disposable baking pans 
Cookware 
Electronics 
Tools 
Carpeting and flooring 
Trees, shrubs and bulbs
December
Food: 
Ham 
Butter 
Cheese 
Baking supplies (flour, sugar, yeast chocolate chips, baker’s chocolate, sweetened condensed 
milk, cooking oil) 
Pie crusts 
Ready-made dough 
Dinner rolls 
Frozen pies 
Cake mix 
Cake frosting 
Pie filling 
Refrigerated cookie dough 
Spices 
Nuts 
Dried fruits (raisins, apricots, cranberries) 
Oatmeal 
Soda
Non-food: 
Disposable baking pans 
Aluminum foil 
Plastic wrap 
Electronics 
Computers 
Carpeting and flooring 
Tools 
Toys 
Winter clothes 
Cars 
Motorcycles


6 comments:

Molly @ Star Cottage said...

WOW that's alot to spend in one week. We don't spend a whole lot on groceries each week. But I am always up for learning more ways to save. Especially as our family grows. I'll be checking in. Thanks for sharing your wisdom ;)
Many Blessings,
Molly

Linda Stubbs said...

Thank you so much for doing this Carrie, I am going to print this post off. This is wonderful information. You are such a blessings to all of us! We have had to be soooooo careful with our money! That is fine though, good thing!

Blessings to Your Day sweet lady!
Linda

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh I have often wished I was your neighbor. And now again I wish I could go to your class. This reminded me of something though I wanted to share. talking about coupons share with your class that they could do an exchange in thier neighbor hood. I did that with my neighbors they needed diapers and I didn't so I would save all the coupons I didn't use. I started inviting them over for coffee and we would spend the morning going through each others discards. We all got closer and became better friends too. Did I mention we are trying to get into apartment ministry? Well the couponing idea and your class idea I think is something timely I can share with the ladies. I might be asking you for some help on a class. Thanks for sharing this. And about the award I got it over a month ago. So no rush! I just wanted you to know you are beautiful and special to me. Love ya sis.

Carol said...

Looking forward to more blog posts about your classes. Wish I was close enough to take them in person!

I've realized April is the month to stock up on marshmallow creme, as well.

Barbara said...

Wow that is a lot of money, that must be for a family of 4 perhaps, us and being on a fixed income only spend that much a month, and that does include tolitries and paper products, hugs and looking for ward to seeing how to save more, every penny saved is good..Hugs an blessings

Domestic Goddess said...

I have a family of six and I have gotten my spending down to 100 a week and that does include toiletries. I use alot of coupons and LOVE CVS and free shopping with my extra bucks! I also get better deals this time of year at the local farm market. Plus, we have a garden and I can grow some of my own food. We raise our own chicken for eggs and meat. I found a woman at a nearby farm who sells ground beef for $2/lb and she raises her beef on pasture with no meds!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details