Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Very Serious Post~ A Hacker At Farming On Faith




Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version)


 31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

 Evil will corrupt this world until we reach Heaven. I received an email today stating that a third person had hacked one of my accounts. We got it figured out and accounts are secure but I learned some things you need to know!

First of all ~let me tell you security was in place and caught the evil before it did damage. I am so very thankful! I was not sure the email sent to me was real~so I called the company~ it was. A third person has been into one my accounts.



My Tips~
*When you set up an account such as Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter and your Blog~~******* Have a different password for each account!  Make it hard to remember and write it down and store in a safe place.

 * Make sure the strength of your password is hard.

* Make sure your anti-virus protection is up to date.

*  NEVER~NEVER  respond to any email  that is asking for personal information. If it says they are updating never respond or even open the email. Trash it~and empty your trash immediately! 



******* NEVER use the same email for all your accounts!!!***** Each account needs it's own password.. Many sites are just not safe!********


My mistake~I had a simple password for my social networks~review companies~ with the same password!!  All my passwords have been changed and now I urge you right now to do the same. 





Just a reminder: From Pay Pal  

  • Never share your password or security questions with anyone.
  • Create passwords that are hard to guess and don’t use personal information. Be sure to include uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
  • Use different passwords for each of your online accounts.







 

9 comments:

Janet said...

Thank you for this a full reminder of the evil in this day! (from the garden that is!!) Im so glad all is ok!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Carrie, I have been a victim of identity theft and it is so scarey-so I'm thankful you shared all these tips with us. If you think any financial accounts have been breached I have tips to help with that-feel free to email me. This morning I got a comment from someone I hadn't heard of before asking me to post about her blog and so I checked it out and was really uncomfortable with what I saw...so I deleted the comment. I hope everything is now secure for you.
Blessings and hugs. Noreen

Sue said...

Good tips. I change mine around often and none of them are the same. I am afraid that certain sites are more vulnerable than others with the amount of people using them. Not good.

Glad you got yours worked out:)

Christa said...

Thanks so much Carrie,
I never even thought of that before. I'm going to implement some the things you said.

Christa

Marmee's Pantry said...

Sorry for your troubles but we've all benefitted from your excellent advice. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Camille said...

So sorry you experienced this Carrie! Thanks for sharing your tips with us...I am sure your advice will benefit many! :)

Have a WONDERFUL...hacker-free day!
With love,
Camille

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh Carrie, I ams so sorry. And I am so glad you figured it out and fixed everything. What a hassle for you. Praise God it all worked out Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
Have a Blessed Day,
Sherry

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

These are good reminders Carrie. I am pleased I use comment moderation at both my blogs as I keep receiving comments which link to awful websites - they are coming from China. I'm also looking at changing the email I set up for the blog as it receives far too many spams and scams! Do you get many seeing you have a larger following and more people reading your blog?

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Wow....I have never had a real issue But as Ann mentioned I am getting Comments linking back...The same company different "commenters names" though...Grrrr!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details