Thursday, March 19, 2015

Homemade Raspberry Pie~







Fresh Raspberry Pie

1  double-crust pastry shell
5 C. fresh raspberries
6 T. flour
1/2 C. sugar or more, depending on sweetness of berries
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 T. butter

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom crust; reserve top crust.

Rinse berries, drain and dry on paper towels. In a bowl, toss berries with flour and sugar.

Brush inside of bottom crust with egg white to moisture-proof the bottom crust. Spoon filling into shell. Dot with butter.

Moisten rim of bottom pie crust with water and cover with reserved top crust; seal and finish edges; cut steam vents in top.

Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350°F. and continue baking until crust is golden brown (40 to 50 minutes). Cover edges of crust with strips of foil, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning. Serve at room temperature.
6 servings.



7 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you for this!

Treasures Evermore said...

Sounds wonderful and delicious...and raspberries are my favourite fruit.

Thanks for sharing.

MyJourneyBack said...

Looks really yummy wish I was there to try it! I love your new look. You are gonna have to share with us how you do those amazing photo's.
Hope you have a Blessed Thursday,
Sherry

Sue said...

Mmmmm....mmmmmm. That is a great recipe. Love it and thank you for sharing it with us:)

Caroline said...

Mmmmmm, I'll have to try this. Sounds DELISH!
xoxo C

Eileen@My Evergreen Place said...

Sounds delicious Carrie! Brings me back to the days of growing up and running out to the backyard to pick raspberries. Yum! :0)

Barbara said...

Oh my Carrie that looks so good, I can just taste it, I do love raspberries too, any berry really, I love fruit. Hugs and blessings

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details