Thursday, July 15, 2010

"The Little Momma From Down Under"~




When I began blogging over a year ago I did not know anything about blogging. I had taken a little part-time job with The Schoolhouse Magazine. It sparked my interest in the blog world. I never knew the real friendships I would make and the amazing things I would learn. You my followers~friends are so talented, smart and wise. I have learned so much~you have enriched my life.

This morning I am going to tell you about my friend "The Little Momma From Down Under~Named Ann."  She was one of the first friends I made. I don't remember if she became my follower or if I found her and became her follower first. I was mesmerized by her stories from Australia. I loved seeing  the koala bears in the tree in her back yard. I enjoy her stories of poisonous snakes. I am amazed at her recipes and have attempted several. She is one awesome cook. I call her the "little Momma" because she can shop for her clothes in the children's section. But make no mistake she is a giant in wisdom. She is a seasoned Mom who homeschools. When my little Boston was about to enter the world Ann shared her last pregnancy with my daughter~encouraging my Ashley along the way. She sent the most amazing gifts to my little Boston~all the way around the world.  They will be treasured for always! She is~ for sure~ a rare jewel as found in Proverbs 31.

Today marks her 100th post. I am posting her giveaway here on my blog~not to win another chance at her wonderful $40.00 gift card to the CSN Store~

 but rather to introduce you to my special friend so you can celebrate with her too.



I want to introduce you to my friend~ Ann at Eight Acres of Eden. Congratulations on your 100Th post!
Our Forest Home
Click here to meet Ann~










7 comments:

Sue said...

Awww. That's sweet! I started a little over a year ago too and didn't know anything about blogging either. What a wonderful tool it has become and I am amazed at how God has connected me with so many wonderful friends! Thank you for sharing about Ann with us. She sounds amazing!!
Hugs

Down On The Farm said...

Thank you so much for sharing these blogs with us. I too am very thankful for blogging, because blogging brought me to you. And while you and I have never met, we ARE friends. I look forward to reading your blog daily. I appreciate your Godly wisdom. I have laughed with you, and cried with you. I celebrate your joys, and I pray with you when trials come. And sometimes, our Lord just brings you to my mind, and I pray for you. I hope your day is blessed. (Praying for some cooler weather for us Missouri girls!)

Eileen@My Evergreen Place said...

I am always looking for new, interesting blogs to follow and especially those who homeschool. Thanks Carrie, for letting introducing us to this "Little Momma". :0)

Treasures Evermore said...

Thanks for sharing...evryone needs those kinds of friend in their lives...especially women. You are truly blessed to call "Ann" friend.

Thank you for introducing her to us.

Blessings.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Ann truly is a rare gem in blogland...

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Dear Carrie,
It is breakfast time and I'm checking my dashboard and there I see myself! Thank you for your sweet words - I value your friendship so much. I think I found you at Homemaker Ang's blog - it was 'Farming on Faith' that caught my eye - what a great name for a blog I thought. We both began our blogs around the same time. It has been a great adventure. Well I'm off to have my macadamia coffee which has just brewed and it's our outside day working together as a family - something we do every Friday. Getting ready for my son's 18th birthday party next weekend so lots to do!

Nancy said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm catching up on my blog reading. :O) You have turned into such a wonderful blogger and I love getting to know your family, your interests, and your heart this way. Hugs to you!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details