Friday, July 1, 2016

Yum Yum Burgers~ A Great 4th of July Burger!



I have been making these for many years. I found the recipe in my Grandma's recipes. I always wondered why they were called "Yum Yum Burgers."   I just found out that there was a little restaurant called "The Yum Yum Burger Hut."  It would have been in business about 50 years ago.


1 pound hamburger
1/3 cup water
minced onion to taste
salt & pepper to taste
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons chili sauce
chili powder
hamburger buns
pickles
Cooking Instructions:
Mix hamburger, water, onion, salt, and pepper. Fry until almost done. Add tomato paste, mustard, chili sauce and a bit of chili powder. Simmer till done. Place on a hamburger bun with a pickle.
Photo Source~ Unknown

4 comments:

Denise said...

Happy 4th July Carrie, hope you and your family have a safe and happy weekend.
Those burgers sound yummy :)

mommyx12 said...

It does sound yummy. I will have to try it sometime. Tomorrow we will be cooking hotdogs over the fire pit. A yearly tradition because my kids love hotdogs and this is the only time they get them is on July 4th. Poor little things!!!

Lands Family Led by the Lord said...

Have a Happy 4th of July.. Burgers sound great.

I have a son-in-law in the military. Just posted in honor of our service men..

Blessings,
Virginia

Down On The Farm said...

These look scrumptious!!!!!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details