Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Amish Friendship Bread~ Win A Trip To Amish Country (OH~ I HOPE!)

[100_3715.jpg]




Isaiah 26:3-4 (King James Version)


 3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
 4Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:



 Oh my stars~23 days until Fall. I just love Autumn and I love to decorate for it. I am currently planning my fall scents for a batch of 100 candles. It is so hard to decide which scents to make. What is your favorite Autumn Scent~I think mine is Apple Jack!  Please help me decide!





I think God is so good to bless us with all the seasons. I would be so bored with the same all year long. I eagerly anticipate the next and I am ready to send it off when I have had my fill. I even like winter ~but only up until Christmas~tehe! I love a white Christmas for sure.


 I love Amish Friendship Bread. I wish we could sit and share some with a cup of coffee. Wouldn't that be grand? I have not made this in years but I think I am going to mix up the starter batch today. It seems like a good thing with the cooler temperatures in the air! It is a delicious sweet bread and a great way to have loaves to share.

I am off for another day of schooling~you have a wonderful day. I smell Autumn in the air!



Amish Friendship Bread Recipe

Day 1 - receive the starter (the recipe for the starter is below)
Day 2 - stir
Day 3 - stir
Day 4 - stir
Day 5 - Add 1 cup each flour, sugar and milk.
Day 6 - stir
Day 7 - stir
Day 8 - stir
Day 9 - stir
Day 10 - Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Divide into 4 containers, with 1 cup each for three of your friends and 1 cup for your own loaves. Give friends the instructions for Day 1 through Day 10 and the following recipe for baking the bread.
After removing the 3 cups of batter, combine the remaining cup of Amish Friendship Bread starter with the following ingredients in a large bowl:
2/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Using a fork beat by hand until well blended. You can add 1 cup raisins and 1 cup nuts (optional).
Grease two loaf pans with butter, sprinkle with sugar instead of flour.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour (individual oven temperatures vary). Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans. Makes two loaves of Amish Friendship Bread.

This is the Amish Friendship Bread Starter Recipe that you'll need to make the Amish Friendship Bread (above). It is very important to use plastic or wooden utensils and plastic or glass containers when making this. Do not use metal at all!

Ingredients:

1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110??F)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup warm milk (110??F)

Directions:

1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water for about 10 minutes. Stir well.
2. In a 2 quart glass or plastic container, combine 1 cup sifted flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or the flour will get lumpy when you add the milk.
3. Slowly stir in warm milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Loosely cover the mixture with a lid or plastic wrap. The mixture will get bubbly. Consider this Day 1 of the cycle, or the day you receive the starter.
For the next 10 days handle starter according to the instructions above for Amish Friendship Bread.


Starting TODAY, August 31, you have a chance to win a FABULOUS trip for two to Amish Country. You can enter the sweepstakes by going here.

Win a Trip

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Morning! I have a question:) Every time I make the friendship bread mold shows up! Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I'd love to make it, but don't want to poison anyone, lol!

Off to enter the contest!
God Bless

Patty said...

I suppose I still like that good old cinnamon scent. The apple jack sounds interesting also. Have a blessed day, Carrie.

Flat Creek Farm said...

I couldn't pick a favorite fall scent. Love them all! What a great post, and I'm off to enter that giveaway. Sounds perfect to me! Thanks! -Tammy

Treasures Evermore said...

The recipe sounds delicious...sorry I cannot help with candle scents as I am allergic to ALL scented candles.

Mrs.C said...

I'm not sure this is considered a fall scent, but my favorite candle scent is Patchouli. I love it in homemade soaps as well. But it's hard for me to find very many places that sell patchouli scented items. I shy away from ordering things like that, I have to smell it with my own nose, to know they've used enough of the scent to get my Patchouli needs met.lol

Have you ever used Patchouli?

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details